1,709 results
All reviews panoramic villa private pool the river family villa our honeymoon main pool different levels bucket list cable car unique experience the hotel offers amazing views romantic dinner local village luxury hotel main restaurant afternoon tea
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Breathtaking swimming pool! That's number one. The rest would be, a very nice personalized service from team. General Manager and Resort Manager welcoming you in the lobby and greet you by your name, help you with the luggage and make the check in process beautifully done. Food & Beverage was nice, overall satisfied, will surely come back for another pleasant stay!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Best place to stay! We enjoyed our stay a lot, the location is beautiful, the staff was perfect, helpful and kind. We enjoyed every minute we spent there and enjoyed all the services! It is a true paradise!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank C H
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Worth every cent
Astounding resort the experience started as you walked in the staff were impeccable so was the good
Everything was prefect
We stayed in the pool villa looking over the jungle it was beautiful
There are also villas by the river but I much preferred the villas with the views
Lovely clean as you would expect from a 5 star :)

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cassandra M
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

"I remember you enjoy chilies from dinner so I brought some down for you." -Mustika.

This is a moment I'll remember from my unforgettable river lunch with my bride. The service from the moment we arrived has been attentive, consistent, and humbling.

As a sili valley techy, I scoured the social streams, particularly trip advisor, to find every reason not to come to this resort. From inquiring about construction on the pool, and asking about < 5 star reviews posted "yesterday", I've been spoiled by my experience with the resort.

There is construction taking place at the resort, and you shouldn't be caught off guard, but as a food/wine , and travel snob, if the compensation the resort makes for a occasional hammer bang is not good enough, then stay home, nothing will ever please you. 50% off at the spa by the river has literally turned my wife and I into Kobe beef.

The pool...google it. I won't waste your time describing how awesome it is.

Quick bullets:

Bugs: not a problem (my wife is super sensitive to mosquito bites, she actually slept peacefully here.

Food: very good

Drinks: best I've had in Asia (they don't screw up proper martinis like they do in Singapore and Thailand.

Activities: Great and reasonable

Spa: Excellent

Service: Excellent - if you don't believe me, email them with any trip advisor curve ball you want.

Great honeymoon , great resort, sad to leave.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Keyvan B
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We positively enjoyed our stay at Hanging Gardens. To get one thing out of the way up front, the resort is, well, out of the way! If you want to be in the center of Ubud this is probably not the place to stay. I've noticed some complaints about that, but a quick look at Google maps would give you a good sense that the resort is removed to say the least. That's the whole point! If you're interested in getting away from everything for a bit it is magnificent. There is a free shuttle provided to get into town though hiring a car may be easier as the drop off location leaves you with a not insignificant walk into town.

We had arranged a pickup at the airport and it was efficient and the driver friendly. One of my few points of criticism would be that the drivers are contracted rather than full time hotel employees, and ours made an overly impassioned plea to please provide him with additional work during our stay in Ubud. It was just a little annoying after a long flight and probably not the case with every driver but something for management to note perhaps.

The property itself is beautiful. We had a room higher up on the hill and the view was amazing, the room large and well appointed, and we thoroughly enjoyed the private infinity pool. One point of note, if considering a room further down by the river, be aware that the jungle noise at night is quite the thing to behold (think crickets on steroids). Some people really like that, others do not, just something to be aware of.

I probably don't need to say much about the pool as I know I've seen it on lists of the world's 10 most spectacular pools and so forth. It is. And there were never more than a couple other people in it while we were there. Just great.

Some reviewers have said to prepare for armies of bugs. I would disagree. There were bugs, yes. You're in the jungle, literally. But never to an extent that I (or my wife who is the better barometer here) found annoying. At night we did actually use the mosquito netting around the bed, and that solved the only problem we had which was a few mosquitos the first night (when we didn't use the netting). Would reccomend you do the same but otherwise I didn't see a huge issue.

If I did have any suggestions for management it would be around the food and drink. I think other reviewers have mentioned this as well. The food was ok but we found the selection rather limited and you could get much better food in town for a fraction of the price. I wouldn't care about the price if the quality and selection were on point. Think there's some room for improvement there. Same goes for drinks, they were ok, nothing spectacular. With such a nice pool, it would have been nice to enjoy a drink poolside that didn't seem so run of the mill. When staying at a resort where you're spending the vast majority of your time at the resort, relaxing poolside and so forth, high quality bartending should not be underestimated.

But overall, a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple