Had an absolutely fantastic time here. It was lovely to be able to get away from the hustle and bustle of busy party central Ubud and return to a tranquil relaxing place, surrounded by all this nature. But yes, wished they offered more shuttle bus services.
Staff went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our stay there, giving ample advice and recommendations on where to go based on our interests. They didnt need to do that at all and I appreciate it. Staff were also always extremely polite, with friendly smiles on their faces.
Food was exquisite in both appearance and taste. I enjoyed everything on the menu, but my favourite in particular was the duck confiti. ALSO, if you are a chocolate cake lover, you must must try the flourless chocolate cake. Trust me, it is to die for!!!
Whilst lounging around the pool in our villa, we was very lucky to have some monkey guests drop by. I had read reviews that we may see some and we did!
For couples, i highly recommend doing the candle light dinner at the nearby temple, where you get your own private chef preparing the food right in front of you.
When I was there, there were indeed building going on.. but i didn't really notice it... It didn't affect my experience there.
It was just such a relaxing and beautiful scenic place to stay at, a good break from modern city life. I wish I was back there now!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan