The Ubud Hanging Gardens is perched on the side of a valley, overlooking a river below and a temple on the other side of the valley, which makes for amazing views from the rooms, restaurant, and pools. And speaking of the pools... the main pools are definitely some of the most spectacular infinity pools I have seen, seemingly spilling out over the cliff, and the plunge pool in our villa was very nice as well--a lovely private oasis. In fact, since it is located outside of central Ubud, the whole atmosphere of the place is that of a very elegant, tranquil hideaway. We also tried the spa, which had open-air treatment rooms with the sounds of birds and the river rushing by as the relaxing soundtrack to our massage. I'd definitely recommend having the Balinese massage! Finally, the staff were all exceptionally helpful and friendly, exceeding all of our expectations. Staying at the Ubud Hanging Gardens was the highlight of our holiday in Bali!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Prestigia, Ctrip TA and Hotels.com so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan