Trust me, this place is amazing!! My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights and we couldn't be any happier. Immediately from getting picked up at our first hotel, their staff made us feel so welcome. They stopped at the coffee plantation on our way, which was really cool. I cannot say enough about how nice the staff was - everyone (reception, shuttle driver, housekeeping, waiters/waitresses, etc) addressed us by name, gave us suggestions of things to do in Bali and overall made us feel very welcome in their country.
The room was big and clean. The bed was so comfortable and the wifi was some of the best we've had during our 3+ months in Asia. Splurge on the panoramic view villa, it was definitely worth it. The view was amazing. Of course, their main pools are exquisite as well. You are in the middle of the jungle, so it's awesome to see all the monkeys on your patio. There are of course some bugs but it is Indonesia and is to be expected (that's why the netting around the bed is there).
We also had really great experiences with the restaurant and room service (we ate here for all but one meal during our 3 day stay). The food was always delicious, no matter what we ordered - I was actually really surprised. The only thing I didn't like so much was the breakfast. Got a breakfast burrito one day and the bacon wasn't cooked well and the potatoes were missing from it. Another day I got the two eggs breakfast scrambled and they were very runny! But, we still LOVED our experience here and I'm sure I could have asked them to fix the breakfast, but I didn't.
The hotel is pretty expensive but it is SO WORTH IT. You won't get these views anywhere else. 10/10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, LateRooms, Holiday Gems and Prestigia so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan