This place is the true definition of a five star hotel. The pictures don't do justice at all! We came to spend christmas in our honeymoon and it was the best decision we've ever made. The floating dinner is a true unique experience and it was completely worth it and surreal. The breakfast was really nice and the beautiful and exotic nature around it just adds up to this breathtaking place.
The only "problem" I had with our stay was the music by the pool, really horrible commercial stuff that kind of cheapens the place, it feels like you are in a Ibiza pool party. One thing that made us uncomfortable were the other guests.. we saw people being extremely rude to the staff and going beyond their way to 'show off' being loud and obnoxious, so relaxing by the pool felt more like a display of who can afford this or that or who takes the best selfie. This feeling made us ditch the Christmas Gala and enjoy by our private pool and have the floating dinner so in the end it was for the best.
I have so much respect for the people that worth at Hanging Gardens that have to deal with this kind of people who thinks because they have money the world evolves around them. However, it is not the hotel's fault at all that people have no education.
Next time we come to Bali we are definitely staying for a longer period of time. It is definitely worth it. The bed is one of the most comfortables I ever slept in!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Holiday Gems and LateRooms so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan