I was on holiday in Ubud for a couple of days and had the pleasure of experiencing Como Shambhala staying in a beautiful Pool Villa - absolutely amazing. I had my own large outdoor living area with a swing bed and 2 comfy deck chairs beside by 10 mt swimming pool (which could be heated if I wanted to), then inside was an extremely comfortable bedroom with large flat screen TV and extremely comfortable circular lounges, a separate TV lounge area with large walk in wardrobe, then a very large bathroom with huge bath tub and a shower that was also a steam room. That led to our outside shower deck with access into the pool. Did I want to leave my villa - NO....why would I.
I was also lucky enough to have an excellent Butler called Eka who was there for me whenever needed and was happy to arrange spa treatments, show me around the huge grounds.
The meals are amazing all organic offering an amazing menu selection along with some incredible juices. Alcohol is available but not offered - this is a health retreat.
Como Shambhala is a health retreat - you can stay on a bed and breakfast basis however I strongly recommend taking a 3 night programme where all your meals, Spa treatments are included and I feel would be better value for your stay.
The location offers some amazing views where you can easily just "chill" and listen to the birdlife or do yoga or pilates or enjoy a spa treatment down by the river.....300 steps down and 300 steps back up again.
I can highly recommend experiencing Como Shambhala.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Shambhala Estate is a residential health retreat with luxury villa-style accommodations near Ubud, Bali. This ‘Retreat for Change’ is a place to relax and improve wellbeing. State-of-the-art wellness facilities include a Vitality pool, private treatment areas beside the River Ayung, a climbing wall, gym, Pilates studio and yoga pavilion. The Estate’s Resident Experts, who all support the 360-degree approach to wellness, include a Yoga Master, Ayurvedic Doctor and guides for outdoor activities, with nutritional menus by COMO Shambhala Cuisine. The range of suites and villas, perched above the Balinese jungle, suits independent guests, couples, or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your COMO Shambhala Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Como Shambhala Estate Hotel Payangan
- COMO Shambhala Estate Bali/Payangan