I'll start with the positive first- Adi assri is a clean and well manicured resort on the beach. The rooms are clean, with comfortable beds and great AC. We went on a snorkeling trip to Menjangan Island organized by the hotel and had a great time, we were also happy to find that their prices were the same as neighboring dive centers.
Now the negative- Adi assri gives me the feel of a place that is trying to be fancy and luxurious but can't cut it. The effect instead is of staff that is artificially over eager without a good grasp on what hospitality really means. For example, when we arrived we were greeted by over 5 staff members, one brought us a crisp cool towel, nice touch, shortly followed by a small cup of ice cream, all while we were asked to pay for our stay up front, sign up for a myriad of activities and overpriced dinners. It would have been much nicer to simply be greeted while we check in, crisp towel is fine but getting bombarded by so much after a long drive felt like too much. The ice cream, although it seems odd to complain about free stuff, summarizes what is wrong with this place- they've traded traditional Indonesian flavor for what they think tourists want, and I think that's a shame. For example, the restaurant which is not quite on the beach, is overpriced and bland. Indonesian food in my experience is neither of these things. When we asked for hot sauce (something that is quite prevalent in this country) we basically got marinara sauce, another example of the way this place dilutes the flavor of the country. Finally, you should know that sea view cottages actually mean- "glimpse of the ocean if you stare out your room at just the right angle."
In summary- if you want a resort with little authentic flavor but good excursions on the beach, this is it. But if you are going to stay here, walk a few meters in either direction to get food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Pemuteran, Northern Bali, Adi Assri is nestled in its own secluded tropical garden has beach front sea view and mountain on the backyard. The resort created in individual Resorts and Villas with one or two rooms adjoining is a perfect quiet place to enjoy the natural environment and attractions. Close to the best diving areas in Bali, the unspoiled Menjangan island is just a short boat ride away. The resort offers snorkeling directly from our beautiful beach for Adi Assri Coral Reef project restoration, trekking or hiking in the West Bali National park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Adi Assri Beach Resort & Spa Pemuteran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adi Assri Beach Hotel
- Adi Assri Beach Pemuteran
- Adi Assri Beach Resort & Spa Pemuteran Bali