“Talented chef,excellent service,tasty food!”
Review of Warung SUSU - CLOSED

Warung SUSU
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2013

i love its name--warung susu,susu means milk,so the first impression is good(i think sometime name is important),when i stayed in pemuteran,i went there to have lunch(8 of June after 15.00pm),only me one guest at that time,so i felt very freely,the staff there very friendly,he is also the talented chef--Redy!i ordered Sate with rice and lemon juice,both are good,lemon juice is pure,and sate is tasty,love its presentation,creative. oh,yeah,some annoying flies might fly around your table,just waving your hand,then they will fly away,no problem at all.thanks Redy,i had a memorable dining experience here,will be back for sure!

There are newer reviews for Warung SUSU

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We were staying at one of the local resorts and walked to this restaurant having no idea what to expect. I agree that it is close to the road. it is also close to the farm, as in right in the middle of a field surrounded by some palm trees. I cannot opine one way or the other about the food because we had only one order of pisang goreng which was tasty.

I would say that this is one of those places that holds a degree of authenticity. It is a lovely bamboo shack with a pretty good menu that has all of the charms and foibles of being where it is. The flies owned the place due to the cows and farm and sound of bikes and cars passing is to be expected. I could not see ordering any beef here because the cow in the field kept giving me the evil eye so I stuck with the bananas. (-: The staff was friendly and helpful.

Overall, it was an experience and one I would have again. Just keep in mind this is not a place to wear your tux or expect everything on the menu to be available all the time. Adapt or die.

1  Thank Otto K
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We were picked up in a convertible car by owner and taken to this great restaurant. The food was wonderful and the service was great. Three of us ordered fresh seafood, one ordered a rice dish and we all had dessert. The food was incredibly good, presentation was creative, and the desserts were absolutely delicious. We would highly recommend this warung. The chef came to our table so we could meet and talk with him. He is very talented.

Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Being the #1 on TA we wanted to try, so went for lunch. Right on the main road its dusty, it would be hard for them to keep it at bay. The service was very friendly. The grilled whole fish (he showed us the fish before they cooked it, freshly caught that morning) was tasty but not amazing. And being whole, you've got to be ok with picking out the bones. We shared the fish as well as a glass noodle salad which was ok. But our real issue was the flies, I think maybe the whole grilled fish is their favourite meal there were so many, we had to take turns eating and waving the flies away. We know you can't control the bugs completely in an outdoor restaurant, but it did effect our enjoyment of the meal. We probably wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I think a previous review may be right and this place has changed hands. We were the only people and the menu was uninspiring and we asked about a couple of items but they were not available. We just had a drink and left.