“East meet West at North West”

Dewi Ramona Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Pemuteran
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Asian, European, Indonesian
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining
Description: The service and the cuisine here are flawless. Chef Komang Sujana favours Balinese herbs and together with GM Jany-Michel Fourré’s expertise creates dishes even the Gods would approve of ! And don’t miss out on our pastry team’s sweet, decadent, very presentable desserts.The rich breakfast buffet is also served here. Treat yourself to homemade delicacies, starting from a daily changing selection of homemade bread, rolls and buns, yoghurt, marmalade and jam, ham and sausages. Get the opportunity to sample some unknown Indonesian breakfast specialties such as “bubur ayam – chicken porridge”, “nasi goreng – fried rice” or “bakmi goreng – fried noodles” as well.
Bali, Indonesia
“East meet West at North West”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

my second day of our 3rd visit at Pemuteran. We consider ourselve very adventurous when it come down to good food at good restaurants. We have been to various restaurants in the neighbourhood since our first visit a few months back. Some are exquisite, some are average and others are just awful. Since our previous visit at Matahari Beach Resort, we have never tried the food at Dewi Ramona restaurant. So this time, we want to give it a try, but since we did not have a huge appetite due to huge portion for late lunch elsewhere, we decided to skip the appetizers. but instead, we ordered 2 main course and share a dessert. From a fellow traveler, we have been told to try their signature dish, Braised Tuna in tomato sauce and pesto, and we were ever so grateful to follow his advise. It was simply delicious. The Tuna was cooked in perfection and the tomato and pesto was like .. from heaven,And I am in particular not kind of person who is easily pleased with seafood dish. In fact, I consider myself as very picky when it comes to a dish involving the creatures of the sea. But let me tell you this, after i had this dish, i was almost speechless as i was trying to find a faux in it but i could not find any. As for my love one, although he is not a vegetarian, he ordered the Vegetable Lasagna with curry sauce and coconut. I could not resist to have a bite to try out and again, it was delicious. The curry sauce was so subtle with a little hint of saffron at the tip of your tounge. And then as for piece de resistence, we decided to share the Cottage Cheese dumplings with Strawberry Carpacchio. hmmmm there was no words I can describe how good the taste of this dessert. The right dessert to end a tiring day for lovebirds like us. My conclusion of the whole Matahari Beach Resort team is, this is a group of people who knows exactly what they are doing. We would for sure, come back here again and again and again. a hidden Gem in the North Western part of Bali.

• Visited July 2013