“Very nice garden, but dark rooms.”

Pondok Sari Beach Bungalow Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Pemuteran
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife and I spend 5 nights at pondok Sari.
Beatiful garden with old plantations, but therefor the rooms gets very dark.
Restaurant quit good wih the new manager Putu, who comes around and asked if every thing is ok. The rest of the staff was also ok.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights with my family and we really enjoyed it!

Pros: Beautiful landscaping and structures. Lots of lovely carvings (check out the pool bathroom!)

Quiet, pretty beach area, yummy & filling breakfast included, easy access to other restaurants, kind & polite staff, lovely rooms, outdoor bathrooms (fun!) Good swimming & decent snorkeling. Awesome pool & spa center. A/C! Lots of beach chairs.

Cons: for me, this is kind of expensive, but I think the lodging is worth the price. The restaurant was too expensive for us, we ate elsewhere usually.
- the beach sometimes gets trash washed up from Java but they work hard to clean it up.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have beach views themselves, but there are lots of tables & lounge chairs by t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AKgrown_goes_to_Indo
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed there almost a week as a family. The bungalows are clean and nice, the best part is the outdoor bathroom. The pool is nice as is the beach.
The reservation process was very smoothly handled and the cleaning staff does a great job. We were however disappointed in the food and restaurant (and reception) staff who could be more service orientated and we ended up eating at other places.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bea013
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Spent one week in this hotel. The place is really beautiful, with nice gardens, nice pool and a restaurant on the beach. Staff were always friendly and helpful enquiring about how is our stay. The bungalow is clean and well done with A/C. The bathroom of our bungalow was outside, which was really nice and peaceful, hearing the birds sings was relaxing. We spend also some days diving in Manjengan Island, directly from the boat and from the beach, just crazy. We tried also the SPA, which was a really relaxing experience. The surrounding, just for walking, are amazing. Highly recommended

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Just spent a long weekend here. The place is beautifully done, with lush gardens, nice pool, and restaurant area on the beach. Staff were also friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and nicely done. Highly recommended - will definitely return.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I really liked this place, but having to smell other people's cigarette smoke constantly ruined it for me. Unfortunately Indonesia does not having any laws segregating smoking/non-smoking areas. I was constantly smelling smoke in all of the common areas. I had to breathe in cigarette smoke at all of my meals, at the pool, on the beach, on boat rides, etc. There was no place I could got to escape it. My room was in a bungalow with a shared wall. My bathroom was very beautiful, but it was outside, and I could even smell smoke from the adjacent room.

Later in my trip I stayed at the Bali Hyatt in Sanur. I really appreciated the fact that they had designated smoking and non-smoking areas. Honestly, the Bali Hyatt was not as nice, but I enjoyed my time there so much more because I could actually breathe deep and enjoy the outside areas without breathing in other people's poison.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Hotel (4*)
Spa (2*)
Dive Center (3*)

We really much enjoyed our stay at Pondok Sari. We had a lovely room with a beautiful bath. It was exactly what we needed at the time. The breakfast, lunch and diner options were really good and always tasted great. Even though they have their own dessert options, when we brought something with us they supplied us with cutlery for it.

The location on the beach is great as it is next to the Bio Reef which they are still extending these days. But on the street you will have to walk a little bit to get to the next shop or a cafe. This can also be positive as it is really quiet because of this.

Pros:
- Great hotel grounds
- Well working Wifi
- Great relaxing hamocks
- Nice little pool
- Lovely and friendly staff
- Preorganized tours

Cons:
- Snorkling in the bay is not so nice because of the boats fumes and petrol in the water.

Spa
From the Spa we were pretty disappointed. We had a 20 minute sunburn treatment for ours backs.
Negative Points to mention:
- Never got asked about allergies
- Never been told what they do
- Had to shower off the creams and rub on a body lotion ourselfs
- Never been told that we were done, they just left and turned off the music
- During the treatment we never got asked if everything is fine (they used cold stones which hurt my wife but they did not notice)

We have to mention that we heard that the normal relaxing massages must be pretty good.

Dive Center
Actually we can not rate it properly as we did only 1 "dive" with them. On the boat we got instructed on the dive site and there we saw the first problem, which was that there were about 10 people on the boat and only 1 guide. The day before we have been told by the owner that they never have more than 4 people per guide. He told us that there is a little to medium current on the dive site.
So we went into the water and my wife's mask kept on getting fogy so it took a while till we could descend. On the way down the guide was much faster and after about a minute we did not see him or any of the group anymore and the current was drifting us away from the boat. So we did what we learned and looked around for 1 minute and them surfaced. Our dive watch showed a dive time of 3 minutes and 5 meters. When we got up we were about 60 to 70 meters from the boat and they had to pick us up. We waited for another 10 minutes till the guide surfaced without the group, asked us where we were and the left again to dive for another 30 to 40 minutes.The combination of events let us to the point that we did not dive anymore with them.
At least we did not have to pay for the dive, but when we mentioned what happened to the owner about 2 days later, he had no idea about the incident as the guide did not tell that he lost 2 divers.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple