Subak Tabola Villa
US$106
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfoot massagefrom scratchrice fieldslocal childrenlarge poolbeautiful settingrooms are lovelyatiparadisepoolsyogapeacebeautypasswordstafzenbali
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2013

If you want to experience the “real” Bali – come to this place!

Enjoy the great, family-like people and service, nice cottages, fantastic view on the surrounded rise fields and very good restaurant with delicious food.

I and my 5 years old daughter really enjoyed to be here not just as guests but as a part of the family: joining a morning puja in the temple just behind our cottage at the sunrise, watching to the dancing and playing music children in the next door ashram, walking around the gorgeous rise terrace. In this place we decided to come to Bali again and for sure to see the “family” again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tatjana A
Reviewed 20 April 2013

my husband and I had the amazing experience of staying at this property . What a treat -our 3rd month long visit to Bali and this is our very best experience. Staff are amazing in every way and the accomodation was above any other place we have stayed
We went for awalk in the rice fields with a guide and and a great time - Sideman is the best kept secret in Bali - we will be back!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KnowltonMontreal
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This was the highlight of our trip to Bali, and probably the most beautiful place I have ever stayed! We stayed in the family villa which just amazing. We were slightly concerned that our children ( aged 7 and 9 ) might not appreciate the this place as much as ourselves, but they also were captivated, and felt like princes and princessess in our wonderful accomodation. One slight word of warning; I ran a bath for the kids in out huge outdoor bath, and put my foot in it to check the temperature and it was boiling hot! Apparently this is quite common in Indonesia, and very hot water is a sign of good quiality accomodation, but I was almost scalded, so just a word of warning to take care.
In terms of getting here, it's slightly off the beaten track, which is part of the attraction, but we got a taxi from Pangdabai for 175K Rp, and an onward taxi to the airport for 300K; I'm not sure if this was a reasonable deal or not, but I thought I would include it as a guide.
Our ( complimentary) guided walk through the paddy fields was truely wonderful, as was our trip up to the local temple ( the name escapes me I'm afraid); mainly beacuse of the beauty of the area and the friendliness of the local people. Rasmini and the other staff are lovely and get just the right balance between being attentive but not over-intrusive. Nothing to do with the villas, but we felt there was not much to see in the town of Sidemen itself but the surrounding rice terraces and villages around here are spectacular.
You really are in the country, which might not suit everyone; the sounds of the jungle will either keep you awake or loll you to a blissful sleep, and we saw a variety of wildlife in the area including giant ghekos, banana spiders, praying mantis and even a snake.
The pool is just lovely, surrounded by beautiful scenery, and I wish I was still there now! Overall, I had the most wonderful time here, and would recommend it to anyone wanting something just a little bit different. I would give it 6 stars if i could!

Room Tip: The family villa is just amazing and worth the extra.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank doctornicky
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We enjoyed 5 wonderful nights here. It has been our favorite stay in Bali so far! The staff were all so friendly and incredibly helpful. The grounds were wonderfully taken care of and the restaurant was delicious, and the view is stupendous! The room was very comfortable and we loved having an open air bathroom. The King size bed was luxurious!!! We are already thinking about coming back before our trip in Bali is over, and if not this trip, then the next one. We Highly recommend this place to anyone looking for some quiet and rejuvenating relaxation!
Matthew and Emily

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emily N
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We have absolutely loved our stay at Subak Tabola.
We love these unique Balinese style villa's and especially the warm welcoming feeling. The staff is very friendly, you can tell they really like to work here. We slept so well, the silence, the peace and especially the good mattress. We like the eco-friendly touch of this place, they provide water in glass bottles in the room and offer a glass of water with every meal. Lots of vegetables are organic from their own garden. The breakfast was a real feast! A big difference with the usual complimentary small breakfast they offer in Bali. The pool, the stunning rice terrace views , the lotus garden ...make it an unforgettable experience. With a view on Mount Agung in the morning.
We will be back soon:)
Gert

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view:)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple