We had a lovely 4 day stay at Villa Sidemen. As stated in previous reviews the villa itself is (mostly) luxurious and the views are amazing.
However, there were several disappointing aspects. I'm not sure if some of these these are new issues, but I thought I'd mention them as previous reviews haven't:
1. The jacuzzi was broken, and had been for some time. Despite this being an ongoing issue, there was no mention of this before our arrival.
2. The projector was broken. A temporary one was provided, but the speaker system installed in the villa did not work with this. Although sound came out of the speaker on the temporary projector itself, it was very hard to hear some of the audio.
3. This house is really only suitable for one couple, not a group or a family. Although the second bedroom itself is fine, the second bathroom is small, dated and damp. The shower has a fixed head so you have to hold it to wash, and whilst we were there this bathroom had no hot water.
4. On our arrival, by the time the welcome talk was over it was 7pm and too late to order dinner, so we were sent to the restaurant next door. The food took 2 hours from placing the order to arrive at our table, and was not very appetising. This could possibly have been solved by asking us to order dinner immediately on arrival, prior to spending 10 mins making welcome drinks and 20 mins giving us a tour of the villa.
5. One of the days we were there was a festival. Although we were served breakfast, there was no option for lunch or dinner. Instead we were again asked to go to the restaurant next door and again had to wait an extraordinarily long time and were served disappointing meals. If we had been informed of the lack of service earlier (we were only told at 10am on the day itself), we would have chosen to spend the day in Ubud instead.
In conclusion, if you're a couple looking for a peaceful, luxurious stay go for this option. If you are a group or family, or if your main reason for booking this villa is the jacuzzi or movie projector, then look elsewhere.
We had an amazing time at Villa Sidemen. The pool was gorgeous and the Villa was very traditional and very impressive. Much prettier than in the pictures. The master bed room is very big and you feel very at home there. Everything was cleaned throughly every day. Even though the staff was there all the time during the day we could enjoy a lot of privacy as they are not entering the house. The cleaning person just comes at noon and the gardener around 5. Except for these times you are also very much alone in the garden. Tio was very helpful with everything and we had great Balinese food. We would stay there again any time.
This villa was a dream. The views were spectacular, away from the tourists and the loud noise. It was so peaceful and we were treated very well during our stay. I wish we could have stayed longer than one night.
The pictures of the view, though gorgeous, don't even do it justice. Hands down the most gorgeous place I've ever stayed. The villa itself is wonderful too. Very clean and spacious. Sidemen is a 2 km walk away, but the staff will be happy to provide transportation. The food is great, the staff is amazing. I would highly recommend it.
Friendly greeting from the staff with welcoming drinks, nice view to see the volcano eruption in the evening. Beautiful view around and amazing traditional Balinese style
Villa Sidemen is a tropical utopia. Magnificent views which simply cannot be captured in photographs, perfect weather and gorgeous villa. This is the most romantic getaway one could dream of!
The villa manager is caring and wonderful and there is nothing that is too much trouble.
The villa itself is roomy and extremely clean and tidy in beautiful, traditional Bali style.
It is the second time I have visited and I will be back.
We spent the first week of our honeymoon here and we are so glad we did. Imagine waking up to this view every day- it's truly stunning. The staff are on site but very un-intrusive, Tio the butler was kind and polite and was so accommodating with every request. The property gives you a flavour of the 'real' tropical Bali. You are among nature and can hear the sounds of the temple from the local village, as well as the buzz of crickets at night. It's so quiet and peaceful. We explored the local area in the day with a hired guide, but were always welcomed back with a cup of tea and local Balinese cakes in the afternoon. The property is well maintained with a beautiful main bedroom and bathroom, as well as a gorgeous infinity pool. This is one of the most beautiful villas we have ever stayed in and we will remember our trip to Sidemen forever. Wonderful memories.