Bali Mountain Retreat is located in a seemingly remote mountainous region of Bali, however surprisingly close to the action of downtown Seminyak! Located on a mountainous ridge overlooking the tropical jungles with views down to the Bukit, BMR is a unique taste of rural life in Bali. Richard the owner is a perfect host with an interesting past full of colour, travels and a life lived fully. The staff he employs are from the local village and are delightful and attentive in that gentle Balinese manner. The rooms are fresh and clean and well maintained, with free WiFi access and good amenities. All with a rustic mountain style using old teak. A lovely walk that we did was a few hundred metres up the road and down to the right along a well-maintained and paved mountain track to the natural springs. Pools have been built into the river with fresh spring water to cool off in.
I thoroughly recommend when you come to Bali to make the trip up the mountain to BMR and enjoy the peace and quiet! Oh and bring a jacket as it can get chilly up there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Mountain Retreat is nestled high on the eastern slopes of Mt Batukaru in traditional Bali. An amazing outlook to the coast, a natural setting amongst the food forest and drinking water direct from a spring on the mountain. In one direction you can trek in the last true national park in Bali and in the other stroll through the sculptured rice fields. With comfortable accommodation and delicious meals in a truly traditional setting, Bali Mountain retreat is a unique experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Bali Mountain Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Mountain Retreat Hotel Tabanan
- Bali Mountain Retreat Tabanan