Bali Mountain Retreat (BMR) is an oasis of natural beauty away from the tourist hubs in Bali.
My husband & I enjoyed five wonderful days here away from the hustle & bustle of our busy lives.
The temperate climate of the mountain area encourage us to do 3 half-day walks – the most spectacular of which was the walk through the village & rice paddy fields.
Even though I was pretty unfit & my husband was recovery from Chronic Fatigue, our guide Putu, who has the patience of a saint, ensured that we paced ourselves & broke our walk with frequent rest stops.
(For the more adventurous & physically fit, there is the 6 to 9 hour mountain hike!)
After our walks in the morning we had relaxing massages in the afternoon, then lazed around contemplating the beautiful views from the various secluded spaces dotted around the centre. Our favourite was the Bird’s Nest from which you can see Denpasar & the mountain tops.
Richard, his wife Rani & the staff at BMR are absolutely lovely. The cliché ‘home away from home’ is actually true here! Nothing is a bother & they went the extra mile to see to our comfort.
We ate like kings & were delighted at how they catered specially for husband’s food restrictions.
We were so impressed with BMR that we’ve decided to facilitate a 6 day 6 night retreat for our clients here later this year. We’ll have the place to ourselves, an exclusive retreat in a beautiful tropical paradise with a temperate climate at a really affordable price!
If you are interested in getting away from the busy-ness of Kuta & Ubud for a few days of rest & relaxation, then BMR is just the place to refresh yourself. We can’t recommend it highly enough.
Michelle (& Bryan)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Mountain Retreat is nestled high on the eastern slopes of Mt Batukaru in traditional Bali. An amazing outlook to the coast, a natural setting amongst the food forest and drinking water direct from a spring on the mountain. In one direction you can trek in the last true national park in Bali and in the other stroll through the sculptured rice fields. With comfortable accommodation and delicious meals in a truly traditional setting, Bali Mountain retreat is a unique experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Bali Mountain Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Mountain Retreat Hotel Tabanan
- Bali Mountain Retreat Tabanan