My wife and I stayed for 4 nights this January. The resort was very quite, only a few guests as it was off season. However, this made our stay all that much better, we really felt that we were getting away from it all, in fact it is vary remote, except for the small "village" of Wongaya Gede and the nearby temple.
Overall we had a great stay, the cottages are lovely. Simple and elegant. As you can see by the photos, it is beautifully set amidst lush green rice terraces and landscaped waterfalls and koi ponds. You cannot escape the soothing sounds of flowing water. Especially in January when it rains like mad ;-). Having said that, it is only for a few hours each day, and it is a nice excuse to relax on your porch and read a chapter or two.
Overall the staff were OK, though not brilliant, though some were better than others. However, they were at least not obtrusive! Our other point of disappointment is with the amount of insects, reptiles and rodents that call the cottages home. Lizards, snakes, spiders, and just plain old weird bugs I can't identify! This took some getting used to, but in the end it was worthwhile putting up with. We had encountered these things in nearly all the places we stayed, but being that much more remote, everything was just a little more intense (and bigger)! I can't help but think a little bit of fine mesh, in a few areas of the cottages could have minimized this. So let this be a warning, that if you don't care for these creepy crawlies this is not a good place for you. Having said that, there were no mosquitoes and it may very well be seasonal.
As mentioned the food is very good quality and they grown many of the vegetables on the grounds, especially the lettuces.
The value was good and I'd go back if I was going to that same area of Bali. There isn't much to do in the vicinity other than a few walks so it is the perfect place to hang out, nap, read and listen to music, you need to be very self directed. The nearby village only has a couple of simply stocked shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Prana Dewi Mountain Resort Tripadvisor page! Our resort is located at the foot of Mt. Batukaru, the second highest Mountain of Bali. Mt. Batukaru is sacred to the Balinese and has a temple, Pura Luhur Batukaru dedicated to it. The last village on the way to the temple is called Wongaya Gede and this is where the owner and architect of the resort, I Gede Hanjaya grew up and lived. The resort is made up of 11 traditional bungalows with 14 rooms nested between organic rice paddies, tropical fruit trees and ornamental fishponds. Our bungalows are generously spaced apart to insure you tranquility and privacy. The interior of every bungalow is unique and beautifully decorated. Each bungalow has a terrace, deck or a bale, a traditional open hut, perfect for relaxing, yoga or meditation amongst rice fields and flowing waters. As well as being a nice place to spend a few days as a visitor, the resort is also specialized to hold meditation and yoga courses over longer periods. If you are interested in this, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our restaurant, which is also open for guests who are not staying in the resort offers delicious western and Indonesian meals. We use as much organically and locally grown fruits and vegetables as we can. Our organic brown rice is grown in the fields throughout the resort! We also offer some actives such a hiking Mt. Batukaru, walks through coffee plantations and rice fields as well as baths in hot water springs. In resort activities include traditional Balinese massage and taking a refreshing dip in the all natural spring water pool. Our friendly staff is happy to greet you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Prana Dewi Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prana Dewi Mountain Hotel
- Prana Dewi Mountain Resort Bali/Tabanan