“Just normal hotel in good place with some disadvantages”
Review of Enjung Beji Resort

Enjung Beji Resort
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Tabanan
Singapore, Singapore
“Just normal hotel in good place with some disadvantages”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

What I like:
1. Very beautiful lake, nice park
2. Close to botanic garden (15 minutes to go)
3. Not many tourists - it's quiet there.

What I didn't like:
1. The atmosfere of devastation. In my shower room (outside) there was cigarette stubs on the floor!
2. TV is very small and bad quality.
3. No channel with World Football Cup!
4. No steeks in restaurants - only fish and chiken
5. On the beach - too much trach
6. Too much noise from religious ceremonies.
7. No fridge.
8. Internet is poor. In restaurant - no at all.
9. Restaurant closed at 8 or 8.30 p.m. After this - nowhere to eat anything (remember - there is no even fridge, kettle etc in the room)

Room Tip: I strongly recomment to take only cottages "Superior II". Don't take a "penthouse...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We should have know: after not answering the phone, we finally got through and wanted to make a reservation (in Bahasa Indonesia), the staff merely hung up on us.
Out of lack of many more choice in walking distance to the lake, we decided to simply show up and stay there for 2 night.
Overpriced (even after bargaining), uninterested and at times even annoyed staff (I asked for the Wifi code), bloodstained and filthy bedsheets, grease-stained polyester curtains, and food that was not only served at a depressingly deserted restaurant, and remote from it's original name-giving dish, but just unenjoyable.
All in all just stay away from it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anjabatucada

Travellers are raving about these Tabanan hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I chose the Enjung Beji Resort for our small group due to its close proximity to Pura Ulun Danu Temple and Lake Bratan. After reading some of the negative reports I really didn't expect the resort to be very good. However, we were pleasantly surprised to find it to be neat and clean, very helpful staff and very nice surrounds.
The resort itself is very large, with lots of areas to relax and enjoy the lake and nature. It's within easy walking distance of the temple along the lakeside making an early morning photo shoot fast to get to and trouble free.
We spent some time walking the path around the lake and enjoyed lots of bird life as well.
The rooms are very spacious, easily the largest we stayed in over a period of three weeks touring Bali, Sumba, Flores and Timor.
Yes, it can do with a little 'refreshing' but that didn't bother us at all, the main thing for us was the locality, peaceful, spacious, had all the amenities we needed, including free wi-fi.
The only negative was that our toilet wouldn't flush from the start, but staff fixed it within 10 minutes of placing the call. Also, the toilet 'rocked' a little ..

The staff were super, I rang reception to ask if they sold an item I wanted - they didn't, but within 30 seconds someone was at my door asking me the brand I wanted. They didn't have it, saying it could be bought outside the resort. When I asked the staff member how far away the shop was he said he would get it. Well you could have bowled me over .. I handed over some money and he was back in about 5 minutes with my item and change. If that's not service I don't know what is!

We all had enjoyable meals (dinner and breakfast) in the restaurant and not having had access to the internet for a few days, stayed longer than we should have .. no other guests dining by this time, but the staff kept the restaurant open until we guiltily realised we needed to let them go home.

All in all, if you're looking for a fancy resort, this may not be your cup of tea but if you want a down to earth, peaceful place to rest your bones then this is very good indeed.

The only negative

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard cottage with terrace facing the garden, both rooms we booked were identical.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PiaJessen
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is the resort that really makes me feel escaping from cities crowd and noise. The cottages makes me feel I am somewhere else far away from the typical modern hotels. The garden is clean and colorful. it has direct access to Lake Bratan, a lot of spots to sit and watch the lake and birds, and has direct access to the iconic Ulun Danu temple. the hotel is "polluted" by the noises from Ulun Danu temple but in the afternoon, everything return to silent still. the view to Bratan lake is scenic and beautiful from dawn until dark. Enjung beji is close to restaurants, and 30 minutes walk to Eka Sari botanical garden.
The hotel is under ongoing renovation and upgrade, so you better ask for a newly renovated rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated rooms and choose cottages/ villas that is far away from Ulun Danu temple.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank EredGorgoroth1
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 March 2013

The landscape itself here is wonderful - park, lake... nice. It could be very nice hotel here. Could be... but the reality...

*) From the early (!) morning - many monks beat the drums and tambourines. Just in front of cottages. VERY noisy. Without break. MANY HOURS!! Very monotonously. Even if you are very patient, you'll become furious.
They tell that's some festival of "cleaning the water". But every time I come here, every time some festival is here. It's my last visit.
When monks got out, they just go to neighbor monastery (only 100 meters away) and proceed with drums and tambourines all the day. Not very loud of course but extremely annoying after all.

*) After that monks eventually got out, you hope finally have a quiet time. In vain. Now there is muslim mullah, who makes very loud and disgusting noise.

*) All the bank of the lake become dirty after this crazy monks - look my photo.

*) Inside cottages are very dark, no bright lamps. Not enough lamps. The outlook of the lamps inside - like after World War.

*) In the doors and under the roof there are slits, so in evening time it's quite cold inside

*) Everything is very old and dirty inside - in each corner you can find spider's web, mold.

*) Bathroom equipment is ancient.

*) The restaurant's menu is very poor. Moreover, many dishes are not available.

*) Towels smell with mold. They change it, but give you with the same odor.

*) When I tried to book the cottage here, they never answer my email.

*) Many moths and flies and mosquitoes inside in evening time.

*) Wi-fi is weak.

The staff are friendly. Fresh juices are ok. Bathtub with hot water, but the hot water is finished after you fill a bathtub.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Andy P
London, UK / Paris, Fr
Reviewed 22 August 2010

The garden is nice, the hotel must have been nice, but it definitely has seen better days and needs a full refresh. But even so, it doesn't explain the fact that the room wasn't really clean. It is just next door to the temple.

Also, there was a party/concert somewhere on the shore of the lake, and we could very clearly hear it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank vangel23
Strathcona
Reviewed 22 January 2009

We stayed at this place while traveling around the central mountains of Bali. We just showed up an took a room based on a review in the Lonely Planet.

Overall our stay was OK, but we felt that the room, restaurant and staff quality was not the best value compared other places we had stayed in Bali. However, it does offer a great location directly on the edge of Lake Danau Bratan as well as next door to the Pura Ulun Danu Bratan Temple. It is also a 30 min. walk to the Botanical Gardens.

The cottages are roomy and function well (plumbing etc.) however despite what was originally a good design/concept they have definitely seen better days. Cleanliness is acceptable, but not great. For example, the balconies are small and offer glimpses of the lake, but the furniture and cushions are so stained that they have no desire to sit on hem. Staff are lethargic and uninspired. Beware... I made a local call of less than a minute to the town 20 minutes down the road and they charged me an outrageous rate. The cost of a good meal in Bali!

I don't doubt that this the best place to stay if you're going to stay in Candikuning, but if you have your own vehicle then I'd go further along an stay elsewhere. It seems to be popular on weekends with groups of partying young Indonesian men... sadly the sound travels, in fact if they are in the cottage next door, it will sound like they are virtually in your room!

Also, just as point of interest, there isn't too much to see in Candikuning, other than the temple, lake view and the gardens which could all be done efficiently in a half day or leisurely in a full day (if you're walking around without guidance).

Enjoy your stay ;-)

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — attitude of staff
  • Stayed January 2009