“Beautiful, Secluded, Cultural Hideaway” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taksu Holiday Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tabanan
Taksu Holiday Club
Spokane, Washington
“Beautiful, Secluded, Cultural Hideaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

We were picked up at the airport by the driver the hotel arranged upon my request. He was on time and spoke reasonably good English. We were really surprised by the driving style in Bali. Prepare for a white knuckle ride! We stopped at a grocery store on the way for extra beverages, water and snacks. The hotel is down a dirt road about a twenty minute walk from a typical Balinese village. Not touristy at all, just real, friendly locals going about their lives to those who travel to see the local culture it did the job. The resort is lovely with great landscaping and a rustic yet refined charm. Try to request an ocean front villa otherwise you may face the back of another villa. We were on the ocean and the view was gorgeous! Small villa with a limited kitchen but doable. Beds were fine as were the linens and the bathrooms were spotlessly clean. Don't leave any food out on the counters unsealed (you are in the tropics after all) tiny ants will appear to steal your crumbs. We enjoyed this place very much and were traveling with a 11/2 year old and a teen. The hotel is surrounded by rice paddies and the biggest waves I've ever seen (at least when we were there). We walked the beach and collected surprisingly great shells. My husband and stepson body surfed and had a blast but got kind of beat up by the waves. The sunsets were stunning and the pool was perfect. It's a small property but I found it convenient to be close to everything at the hotel. It wasn't sterile feeling like a big resort. The manager Gusti works hard to fulfill your needs, he spoke to us every single day to inquire about our stay and how he could help make it as comfortable as possible. My baby girl was sad to say goodbye to him as he carried her all over and was so sweet to her. The Balinese LOVE children! The restaurant was good enough but not amazing. We had massages in our villa everyday that the hotel set up for us. Very good for around $16 US for an hour. We visited a local orphanage, a happy and special experience. We had a meal at the weekly market in the village with small food vendors serving delicious local food off of carts. None of us got sick and I always get sick when we travel. I went to a yoga class in the village and I was the only non-local and they were welcoming and happy to have me. Please please do your research before choosing to come to this place. Apparently many people arrive without knowing how remote it is and get very upset and take it out on the kind staff. This breaks my heart. If you want a disco or a mall, please stay in Kuta. If you want the beauty and tranquility of "old Bali" come here. I would not recommend more than three or four nights as you might get bored after doing all there is to do that is unless you just want to completely unplug and read or be with your partner without distractions. We went to Ubud for three nights after four nights at Taksu and thought it was perfect.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
Washington, DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

While our stay at Taksu was pleasant, it was definitely not what we were expected. We pre-booked through a timeshare, and frankly it wasn't worth the money. Although we were given a large cottage, we opted to move to a much smaller one because it had a patio overlooking the ocean. This proved to be an excellent decision as it was more private and we spent almost the whole time relaxing in the shade of our patio. The accommodations were basic and neat. However, the bed linens smelled musty. The bathrooms were barely tolerable.

The pool is nice, but because of the cramped layout and very few guests, we felt like we were in a fishbowl. All the staff and other guests watching each other. It was difficult to get used to. And the surf was very rough on the beach.

As others have mentioned, the hotel is VERY far from anything else. Because of this, we had to rent a driver for a day, which was expensive. However, our driver was great and we had an amazing day driving around Bali.

Also, because you are so far, you basically have to eat at the hotel restaurant. The food was fine but extremely expensive!! It was close to $4 for a cup of tea!! We're lucky we brought some food...there are no other options for dinner!

Overall, we had a nice stay, but we were both relieved that it only lasted four nights. It was just not worth the money we paid.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank punda92

Travellers are raving about these Tabanan hotels

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

If you're looking for nightlife, music or anything implicated in hustling and bustling about, this is not the place for you. This place is 100% tranquility and was by far the most relaxing vacation we have ever taken. Rooms were unbelievable, staff was great, beautiful pool and still not that far from things if you're interested in getting a good dose of culture. We booked our holiday with DCB Travel Deals (www.dcbtraveldeals.ca) and got an amazing price also. Anyone looking for a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation, visit Taksu Holiday Club.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

Myself and three girlfriends stayed in Impian in Seminyak and Taksu on Soka beach. Both owned by the same people. Both were beautiful and very well designed. At Impian the swimming pool in our living room was a definite highlight. It was very easy to access town and the woman looking after us- Ai, was lovely and very helpful. The beach in Seminyak was nice and good food around these areas.
Taksu was very secluded and relaxing. We rented scooters and went up and down the beach during sunset watching the fisherman. Our day trips included visiting waterfalls, temples and water rafting. The driver was extremely helpful and spoke very good english and took us wherever we wanted to go.
Overall, we had a fabulous holiday and would definitely go back and it will not be long before we return again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

So there are many sides to Bali, there is night lifte, outdoor adeventure, and relaxation. Taksu is without a doubt a place to go in Bali to get away from it all. We arrived on Saturday and stayed at Taksu for our first four nights in Bali. Yes, it is FAR (1.5 hours) away from anything and everything, but it allowed for an amazing ability to truly disconnect.
We arrived about 8pm in DPS and the drive to Taksu was approx 1.5 hours, the resort provided transportation. (Remember you will need 25 USD to get into the country if you are doing a VOA - we were coming from another country and did not have enough cash - they let us out to use the ATM, but it was a bit of a hassle). We asked to stop at the grocery store along the way to pick up provisions. I would highly recommend doing this - just for the essentials - there are no grocery stores near the resort.
I traveled with my sister and two friends, all in their mid 30's to early 40's, and while we did spend a day or two exploring Bali from Taksu that involved lengthy car rides - the time we spent at Taksu was completely rejuvinating. There are absolutely no locals on the beach trying to sell you their goods - just the occassional local family playing in the surf and fishing.
The service here was amazing. The kitchen closes at 9pm and one day we arrived back around 8:45 and they were waiting for us, and happily served us dinner (not rushed and/or angry we were late). The rooms are perfectly adequate for what is needed if you are truly trying to get away. There is no internet, there is no cable TV. Our room did not have a kitchen - just a sink and an electric teapot and small fridge which was a little challenging, but we quickly adapted. The resort provided transportation (a la scooter) to a local yoga resort that had wifi access (I will say that you might want to emphasize that you would like to be picked back up!)
In the area - just a quick 15-20 minute drive west is a local surfer beach and hotel where they have more of a drink selection and restaurant. About 40 minutes east is a hindu temple that you can visit.
We arranged for transporation for a day (approx $70 for a full day I think it ended up being nearly 15 hours) and we went rafting, shopping in Ubud, watched the local Balinese dance - the Boranga - and got some provisions at Hardy's.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank oregondux
Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2010

Having read some of the reviews about this resort I was prepared for the road trip and the bumpy access to the Taksu. My family lives in Bali and we were looking for something off the beaten track, within 2 hours of Seminyak but with total beach access at a fair price. We were 4 adults and 3 small children and we required 2 villas. We had side by side accomodation. I could use the word "villas", but they were more like self-contained 2 bed cottages with spacious, glassed in sitting areas. Each bedroom had attached semi open bathrooms/showers. The surroundings were tropically lush and green with a stretch of garden in front of the villas. Unfortunately the weather did not co-operate and it rained a lot of the time we were there. This, unfortunately, lead to leakage in the bathrooms, and very slippery conditions. Although the cleaning staff did a good job inside the villa, I thought more attention was required in the bathrooms and there appeared to be a problem with a build up of tropical mould around the open bamboo windows that dripped down the walls. A little disconcerting.
The furnishings were good - Tasteful and the sofas quite comfortable. There was a TV with DVD capabilities in one of the bedrooms and the aircons worked very well throughout. Our villa had a clear view of the beach and rolling surf, but my son's villa (next to our ours) had an obstructed view as there were the 2 smaller villas in front. The open kitchen was pretty well equipped with fridge, toaster, micro-wave & kettle etc. however it would have been a good idea to bring the large gallon bottles of filtered water as we went through an amazing amount of Aqua. Yes I agree with the previous reviewers to bring a large amount of supplies (esp. if u have children) as there was really nowhere decent around us to purchase things.
The food was very very average and although the staff tried hard, the standard really fell short and the menus quite limited. I noticed that there was a gas BBQ available, in the restaurant area but no mention of any BBQ meals on the menu.
The pool was small for the resort, but luckily for us, we were the only guests for most of the time. There were wooden loungers with cushions (not in good condition) along one side of the pool but apparantly only ONE umbrella available at the resort! Towels were laid out for the guests.
Walking the beach was fantastic...grey sand, but pretty clean and not another person in sight, just the sound of crashing waves and rolling surf. My son advised us that there was a strong current and rip tide, so we opted to stay out of the ocean for the days we were there. But with the right conditions, it looked like it would be a fantastic body surfing beach.
Would we recommend this to friends? YES providing they were well prepared and had medium expectations. The price was fair. Not particularly cheap, but ok for today's standards. And yes when paying our bill, there WAS a hold-up connecting with VISA/credit card but it finally did work! The senior staff spoke good English and communication was easy.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

I just wrote this review below to Interval International, I stayed there because they were associated with interval. After leaving, I found out that the owners are hated locally, and have a very bad rep. There are way better places to stay around Bali, and I'm frankly surprised at the good reviews I see below. Didn't anyone feel like the layout of the place was tiny and cramped?

Regarding Taksu resort in Bali, Indonesia: I recently stayed at Taksu resort in Bali. It wasn't available through Interval for the dates I wanted, but because I'm an interval member, I wanted to stay there anyways, so I booked it....the experience was TERRIBLE and we left after two nights. As a longtime member of Interval, I have no problem saying that this resort should not be on your directory list.

For starters, they forgot to pick us up at the airport, and it's a two hour drive. Upon arrival, they informed me there was no Yoga/meditation centre, no wi-fi, and was much further from the local surf beach than they said. The villas themselves were cheaply designed and practically placed on top of eachother. The grounds for this place were very narrow and the view from the rooms are the back of the rooms in front...terrible and cramped feeling,no space. Also, the pool was TINY! I immediately felt like I was being scammed.

I explained to the manager Gusti (who was excellent, the only good part about the whole experience) that this was simply not what we had in mind and we'd only stay for two nights, he was fine with that and apologetic. Upon checkout, the credit card machine wouldn't work, so we only had US dollars. The standard exchange rate from hotels in Bali is 920,000 ruhpias to US$100. The german manager insisted over the phone that we only get 900,000 rupias to $100 (this was over the phone during checkout). I explained (through Guste) that we were only paying US because THEIR credit card machine didn't work. I asked if I could speak to her, she simply said she didn't want to talk to me. I was speechless. I have never ever been so offended by such a disrespectful hotel owner.

Needless to say I was shocked and angered at the situation and simply happy to be out of there. I believe in the Interval standard, and this cramped dingy cheap, and mismanaged excuse for a resort has no business being on the Interval roster plain and simple. If you care about your name and reputation, you will cut these jokers loose. Like I said, I did not book this through interval because the dates weren't available, but because I was intrigued with the pictures and I associated it with interval quality (ie somewhere I can trust will be worth the money spent on the flight) if I had exchanged my unit for this summer camp from hell on a beach, I would be very disappointed. Southeast asia is a popular desitnation, there are a lot of high quality resorts to choose from,this place is not worth it!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mattybCanada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
Taksu Sanur Hotel
De Moksha Boutique Resort
Bali Homestay Cepaka
Bali Homestay Cepaka
#4 of 22 in Tabanan

Been to Taksu Holiday Club? Share your experiences!