“adventure day”

and up
Bali Island ATV Beach and Village Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bali's most popular location for ATV Tours and Cycling. Join us for an unforgettable experience. We are located in the tiny seaside village of Yeh Gangga just west of Tanah Lot.We cater for all ages from novices to experienced riders. All activities in one location. The Number 1 beach location for ATV / Quad Bike Tours in Bali. All our bikes are a minimum of 500CC. Join us for the ultimate day of fun!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 5 July 2014

my wife and booked the quad biking with some trepidation as we had tried it before in Egypt and my wife found it terrifying. This was a totally different experience which both my wife and I enjoyed very much. It was very enjoyable and having the sausage sizzle at the end just topped off a great day.

2  Thank john p

Reviewed 3 July 2014

A friend and I did the cycling tour in May 2014, I had communicated with Nat before our trip so knew exactly what would happen when we arrived. We stayed in Sanur and we were picked up by the driver on time and to be honest yes the drive out was long, but it was really good to have a look at the country side. We were the only two on the tour, which was fantastic to have our own personal guide. Our guide let us stop whenever we liked to take a photo, have a drink or ask the locals if they minded if we took a photo of them in the rice fields. Our guide had also grown up in the country, so could teach us a bit about the agriculture and crops which was interesting as I work in Agriculture in Australia. Cycling through the villages, rice fields and beach was fantastic as you see so much more than if you were in a car. Once we returned Nat & her husband greeted us with a cooked lunch, cold drink and cold washer which was very welcomed. It was great to have a chat to them about the business, horses and tours. I would recommend Bali Island Horse again and will be going there again when I visit Bali.

2  Thank Jess J
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My partner and I booked the sunset tour which consisted of one hour ATV and one hour horse riding.

The original pick up time given to us was between 1400-1430, however the driver did not arrive until just before 1500 as he was caught in traffic. Whilst our villa manager was able to communicate with our driver to see where he was, the other couple we were scheduled to pick up on the way through had (understandably) given up waiting after 40 mins and had left the rendezvous site. After the driver had located them, we were on our way to the stables located outside Tanah Lot. Please note that whilst the address given in trip advisor states Island Horse is located in Seminyak, it is actually a 60-75 min drive north.

On arrival, we were advised that the horse riding would occur before the ATV - I think it would have been better to reverse this program with the horse riding last, so that you could ride along the beach at sunset.

Please note they have a strict weight limitation policy to ride the horses (max 75kg). Be wary of old brochures circulating stating the limit is 90kg or when booking through third parties. My partner had inadvertently underestimated his weight (78kg) and was told he was too heavy to ride a horse. This was obviously disappointing as this would have been his first horse riding experience. Whilst I appreciate the owner’s concern for the horses, I can’t help but think having horses which can only carry 75kg really limits their tourist market. A few bigger/stronger horses perhaps to carry the average Australian/Western male?? The staff offered my partner a 2-hour ATV ride instead, so we both decided to do that together.

With no pre-trip safety brief, we set off. Actually, our guide did not introduce himself to halfway through the tour when we stopped for a drink. Thankfully, the ATVs were automatic and easy to operate. Unfortunately, however, the route we took was not particularly challenging, even for beginners such as us, and was quite repetitive - we went over the same ground at least twice. More thought needs to go into planning a challenging and interesting 2-hour ATV route. Also, given the travelling delays (not our fault), we did not receive our full 2 hours, which was also disappointing.

On return, we received two sausages and bread each, with a bottle of soft drink. After choosing not to purchase photos (10,000 rp each!), we were taken back to our villa.

Overall, whilst the ATV riding was a novelty, at $85USD each, I feel there are better value activities closer to the Seminyak/Kuta area.

5  Thank Kate R
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have always wanted to go horseriding during sunset on a beautiful beach. Eventhough I never did this before, I was very well informed by the website I found on the Internet. The driver that picked me up from Sanur was very nice, we ate some sate babi together on our way to the stable. It was delicious. There my guide Tono was very friendly and calm. The horse that I got was named Brother and surprisingly Brother came from Manado, North Sulawesi. That is exactly the hometown of my parents, while I was born in Holland. This could not get any better.
The view on the beach on top of a horse was stunning and the sunset was breathtaking.

There were many kids playing soccer on the beach and one time they made so much noise towards us that Brother reacted to them. I felt so calm and all under control I could let him know all was alright. It was a perfect experience and more than I pictured how it would be in my mind. An awesome memory before I fly back this afternoon. The stable looked very nice and clean, the staff was polite and the owner Natalie is doing a great job taking care of these lovely horses.

Thanks a million!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is an excellent adrenalin adventure on beach, rice fields, village, insurance paid, bbq at end.