“Privacy, people, and peace”
Review of Soori Bali

Soori Bali
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tabanan
Adam Hayden
“Privacy, people, and peace”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

It was the combination of privacy, people, and peace that made our stay at the Alila Soori so memorable.

The staff are genuine in their desire to satisfy any request and worked to get to know our preferences. Take the time to answer the pre-arrival questionnaire, it was clear that not only had it been reviewed, but that the Host had worked in advance to create experiences based on it. Beyond the pre-loaded AppleTV and collection of books and magazines, it felt as though the entire hotel knew who we were, where we came from, and what our favourite foods were.

The villas are designed for privacy and romance. Each night, we returned from dinner to a candlelit villa and it was the perfect way to finish each evening. We opted for the ocean view villa and are glad we did. These were definitely much more private than the lower beach villas and got far more sun.

The spa treatments and excursion options are well designed and well executed. Not wanting to leave the hotel for an entire day, we were able to create our own shorter journey to a few key spots. Our guide was truly remarkable. The spa treatments were excellent, the Balinese massages were fantastic, and the ginger lemongrass tea was a real treat!

The food did not disappoint. Though there are only two restaurants, the menus are built to ensure plenty of options for a week long stay. The highlight is breakfast, designed as a tasting menu you are encouraged to just keep ordering. If breakfast isn't included in your package, add it.

Another thing to consider is to add the visa/customs processing and transportation package, it makes the arrival and departure much, much easier.

You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If privacy is important, the ocean view villas are the best option. The beach villas are more open.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HaydenAJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 July 2013

It was secluded (read as - far away from the maddening crowd) - so secluded it is best to hire a driver and car if one plans to venture outside of the development's main gate!
Very serene and well-planned layout. the proximity to the beach was a treat.
One's privacy is definitely considered as was proven that one can even leap from the living room into the pool in one's birthday suit.
The bed was comfortable and Alila had what I now consider a real pillow menu, with real good choices. I loved the outdoor shower, although I had to share it with a few slugs after a heavy rain.
The range of toiletries supplied was overwhelming. The 2-persons bath was well-positioned so that we could even see the beach and skies from where we were!!!
The entertainment was amazing as we could choose before arrival our preferred genre of music and movies. I spent a whole watching 4 movies back-to-back.
Alila also provided very good beverages (TWG teas nonetheless) and Nespresso coffee and even glass bottled water.
On days without the car, I ate at the restaurants - Cotta & Ombuk. Both served very good food and I especially liked the sampler meals from different regions of Indonesia.
Our whole stay was enhanced by the discreet butler assigned to us - always quick and efficient..and warm!
My only 2 complaints was that the room could have been lit better...and my stay was too short!

Room Tip: Ask for the upper villas - you can see the sunset everyday!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Alila Villas Soori is an amazing experience right from the airport where you will be picked up by a personal car. There is no need to worry about anything, you can just relax. The resort is far from anything touristy, so you are able to immerse yourself in the true Balinese culture with an amazing 5-Star resort. The private villas allow for the best of both worlds: you can choose to order amazing in-villa dining 24hr by your pool, or you can lounge by the beautiful infinity pool next to the restaurants and adjacent to the beach. Highly recommend this place to all travelers!

Room Tip: Mountain View Villas are amazing and have an incredible amount of privacy, the oceanfront and beachf...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Amazing place
Amazing staff. They help me get some stuff I forgot in the plane in less than 12 hours
Food is outstanding
Massages are great
This place is just heaven on Earth
It might not be the best place to bring children but for a couple I wonder if there is anything better than this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
Neutral Bay, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We loved the secluded and beautiful location/setting - the view of the beach from everywhere in the hotel is gorgeous and so relaxing. We saw the most spectacular sunset over the ocean / temple on the rocks on our first night - wow.

We splurged a little for the first two nights of our honeymoon on an oceanfront pool villa (after marrying the day before in Canggu). TOTALLY WORTH IT. The villa was simply amazing. You can jump into the decent sized pool from almost anywhere in the villa, the oversized (and very comfortable) bed looks over the pool / ocean, and there are awesome oversized day beds inside and outside.

Details such as candles throughout our villa, generous sized treats from the spa (body lotions etc) and the gorgeous petal arrangements and lit candles we returned to after dinner on our last night only added to the experience. (So did the gorgeous honeymoon cake we received on our first night - delicious!)

The staff were amazing - little things like, we had turned up with our wedding cake leftovers and they they immediately put it in the fridge when we arrived and the following afternoon we asked to have it and they delivered to our room with coffee, and they cut it up nicely and presented it. I even had my bouquet which they promptly placed in a vase.

We did one of the hotel 'journey's by Alila' - we just wanted a half day tour among villages to get out and see the area, get a bit of exercise etc. The view on the way was beautiful and you got a real taste for traditional Bali village life. Our guide walked us through rice paddies / rainforest and we finished with a tasty Nasi Goreng lunch at the Eco Villas. On the pricey side but you literally just turned up - they thought of water, snacks and everything and it included a decent lunch.

We also had a private breakfast on the beach, which was lovely.

Our host was attentive, knowledgeable, so lovely and friendly - he ensured we had the perfect amount of support to ensure we enjoyed our stay and had everything we could possibly want.

The restaurants in the hotel are excellent - we went to the Indonesian one the first night and had the tasting menu which was perfect for two people to try a variety of dishes, and the second night had the degustation menu with matching wines at the Western-style restaurant Ombak. The food was excellent but with generous portions of rich food, towards the end we couldn't finish it all!

The cocktail lounge area is great too where you can also watch sunset - I had possibly the best martini I've ever had there, it was a Greygoose martini with blue cheese stuffed olives - the balance of both drink and olives was sublime.

We wish we could have stayed for longer and cannot wait to return! Next time I hope to have some time to try the spa. Thank you to all the Alila Soori staff for making our stay so special and memorable!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Oceanfront pool villa - expensive, but worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LieneDelforce
Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Just came back from a two night stay at Alila Soori and I have to say I am in love with it.

This trip is part business, part vacation and everything simply exceeds my expectation - room, food, spa, services. I stayed at the mountain view pool villa and although I was offered an upgrade to the ocean view, I declined as I am really looking forward to the tranquility of the paddy fields. Villa is huge, great pool, nice bathroom. villa host is outstanding, nothing is too much for him yet he respect your privacy. During breakfast everyday, my host would check in with me to help me book spa treatments, excursions etc.

Had dinner twice at Ombak, first night I tried the signature menu and the second night a la carte. the Signature menu is gorgeous, but it's just a lot of food. (and I am not a small eater!). I can only finished half of my PBNJ molten cake. The second night I tried the jackfruit ice-cream, which is great for a jackfruit lover like me.

Breakfast is also another highlight for this establishment. They have a "tasting menu" concept which allows you to try everything from scrambled duck egg with pork belly to whisky cured salmon with crepe. Everything is delightful. It's simply the best breakfast I have ever had.

Alila Soori is no doubt my favorite of among all the resort hotels and villas I have stayed around the world. I look forward to going back next time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank KcatHK
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed here for the second time. We always missed with view and comfortably of this hotel. Since have much privacy and peacefull, hearing sound of nature, absolutely from wave. Even there was a long trip to the villa, a journey so wonderful, when you could enjoying village and rice fields views. View of this villa so amazing, beautiful black sparkling sandy beach with high tide. Stayed here always have good new memories. Thank you to all nice and friendly staff who serve and helping us to fulfill our needs. Especially General Manager, Marco Groten, thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
Alila Villas Uluwatu
The Legian Bali
The Legian Bali
#8 of 144 in Seminyak
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,476 reviews

Been to Soori Bali? Share your experiences!