Soori Bali
Puri Taman Sari(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$53
Natya Hotel Tanah Lot(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$66
US$22
  • Pool
De Moksha Boutique Resort(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
US$102
WakaGangga(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
US$341
US$161
Agoda.com
Bali Japan Village(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$50
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Prana Dewi Mountain Resort(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
US$66
Priceline
Istana Balian(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$28
All reviewsalila villasapple tvocean pool villavilla hostblack sand beachsegway tourtasting menuin villa diningbutler serviceindian oceancold towelsnespresso machinebat cavereading roomthe general managercrashing wavesour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Starting with a very good pick up service; inclusive of ipod connection, nuts and water.
Warm welcome at the hotel, GM included.
Introduction to the Ocean Pool Villa, which is AMAZING.
Living- and bedroom openly connected, with a view to the pool and the Indian Ocean.
Outside big size lounge sofa.
To put it in a nutshell, layout and hardware is very nice in this hotel.

Just after check in we ordered a pizza, which was all but good - too thick and delivered cold.
Room service / host clears up one part but forgets the other.
Ordering breakfast on first morning (which was confirmed to be included), I was told that my salmon egg benedict at 350'k Rp exceeds my B/F limit of 250'k RP, which I was not aware of.
Adding the taxes, this makes roughly 42 USD for two eggs on a bread with salmon. Overpriced! and not very delicious either.
Bread for the second breakfast was not delivered. 3 sorts of homemade jam, whereby each of it could hardly fill a teaspoon.
Dinner on first evening, we were told that as per hotel regulation that one side of the terrace restaurant is for western cuisine, and the other side for Indonesian cuisine. Distance between these two areas is approx 20 metres. We had to request to talk to the manager and only then were 'allowed' to order Indonesian and Western food in one and the same restaurant.
I had ordered for a 6 course duck menu and requested one-after-the other delivery; unfortnuately all came on the same plate.
In room dining on the second evening, the food was below avarage and delivered cold again.
Second day breakfast, half of my B/F was not delivered, so had to follow up again.

The SPA is just perfect! Very nice treatment before - during - after.

The black sand beach is superb. Walked every day for hours.

Property is very well maintained.

this hotel stay was meant for us to spend time for US only, and from that perspective it was the right choice.
Privacy is given at any time!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OAL911
AlilaHotels, General Manager at Soori Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear OAL911,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Alila Villas Soori. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the overall experience.

However at the same time, I am concerned about your comments regarding the food and beverage service and quality. We take your comments seriously and I have addressed the issues with the team.

We sincerely apologise for the communication mishaps regarding your food and beverage orders.

Please do contact me personally regarding any future plans to visit Bali and I will personally make arrangements in order to exceed your expectations.

Once again, thank you for choosing Alila Villas Soori and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort sometime soon,

Best regards from West Bali,

Marco Groten

Reviewed 25 July 2013

It was the combination of privacy, people, and peace that made our stay at the Alila Soori so memorable.

The staff are genuine in their desire to satisfy any request and worked to get to know our preferences. Take the time to answer the pre-arrival questionnaire, it was clear that not only had it been reviewed, but that the Host had worked in advance to create experiences based on it. Beyond the pre-loaded AppleTV and collection of books and magazines, it felt as though the entire hotel knew who we were, where we came from, and what our favourite foods were.

The villas are designed for privacy and romance. Each night, we returned from dinner to a candlelit villa and it was the perfect way to finish each evening. We opted for the ocean view villa and are glad we did. These were definitely much more private than the lower beach villas and got far more sun.

The spa treatments and excursion options are well designed and well executed. Not wanting to leave the hotel for an entire day, we were able to create our own shorter journey to a few key spots. Our guide was truly remarkable. The spa treatments were excellent, the Balinese massages were fantastic, and the ginger lemongrass tea was a real treat!

The food did not disappoint. Though there are only two restaurants, the menus are built to ensure plenty of options for a week long stay. The highlight is breakfast, designed as a tasting menu you are encouraged to just keep ordering. If breakfast isn't included in your package, add it.

Another thing to consider is to add the visa/customs processing and transportation package, it makes the arrival and departure much, much easier.

You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If privacy is important, the ocean view villas are the best option. The beach villas are more open.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HaydenAJ
Reviewed 24 July 2013

It was secluded (read as - far away from the maddening crowd) - so secluded it is best to hire a driver and car if one plans to venture outside of the development's main gate!
Very serene and well-planned layout. the proximity to the beach was a treat.
One's privacy is definitely considered as was proven that one can even leap from the living room into the pool in one's birthday suit.
The bed was comfortable and Alila had what I now consider a real pillow menu, with real good choices. I loved the outdoor shower, although I had to share it with a few slugs after a heavy rain.
The range of toiletries supplied was overwhelming. The 2-persons bath was well-positioned so that we could even see the beach and skies from where we were!!!
The entertainment was amazing as we could choose before arrival our preferred genre of music and movies. I spent a whole watching 4 movies back-to-back.
Alila also provided very good beverages (TWG teas nonetheless) and Nespresso coffee and even glass bottled water.
On days without the car, I ate at the restaurants - Cotta & Ombuk. Both served very good food and I especially liked the sampler meals from different regions of Indonesia.
Our whole stay was enhanced by the discreet butler assigned to us - always quick and efficient..and warm!
My only 2 complaints was that the room could have been lit better...and my stay was too short!

Room Tip: Ask for the upper villas - you can see the sunset everyday!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Alila Villas Soori is an amazing experience right from the airport where you will be picked up by a personal car. There is no need to worry about anything, you can just relax. The resort is far from anything touristy, so you are able to immerse yourself in the true Balinese culture with an amazing 5-Star resort. The private villas allow for the best of both worlds: you can choose to order amazing in-villa dining 24hr by your pool, or you can lounge by the beautiful infinity pool next to the restaurants and adjacent to the beach. Highly recommend this place to all travelers!

Room Tip: Mountain View Villas are amazing and have an incredible amount of privacy, the oceanfront and beachfront have spectacular views and are situated higher than the beach to allow better privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Amazing place
Amazing staff. They help me get some stuff I forgot in the plane in less than 12 hours
Food is outstanding
Massages are great
This place is just heaven on Earth
It might not be the best place to bring children but for a couple I wonder if there is anything better than this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013