“excellent villa”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tabanan
Beijing, China
“excellent villa”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I like your villa very much,but please make sure the bugs won't present to the interior.And your resort is far from the cities,I think you can add some shuttle bus to go to Kuta or the other scenic,that's will be helpful.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Just came back from a 3 days vacation from Alila Villa Soori and seriously, I just don't wanna go home. Excellent and beautiful landscape. A total peace of heaven. The staff was amazingly friendly and attentive accommodating to our needs. The villa we stayed is so awesome and comfortable. We also had dinner at Ombak which was absolutely delicious facing the beautiful west coast.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Great Alila experience - as always! Amazing service and very baby friendly. World-class spa, wonderful and relaxing sound of the sea. Food was very good but a notch below what one could expect at this price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I won a 2 night stay at Alila Villa Soori, and my was this a divine and luscious experience. I didn't want to leave. Me, my husband and my 1 year old were picked up in very nicely equipped with refreshments, hotel car. The journey from the airport is a bit of a long one, and wasn't too much fun with an active baby, but boy was the welcome at the hotel a nice one! We were greeted by a team of 4 people and the general manager was very kind to show us around briefly before getting us settled in the villa.
The Villa was gorgeous and open, and had views of the rice paddy fields with the mountains in the background. I had already read that these were not the best rooms for views in other reviews, and I could see why, as it was not the time of season for green rice paddies. The paddies were rather brown and un-nurtured at this time. I imagine that when in the right season, it would look strikingly green and luscious with the mountains in background.
Each villa comes with a host. I had already completed my personal preferences menu online prior to our arrival (this is when the whole experience truly begins!), and stated I would like a discreet but indulgent service from our host. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but our host was incredibly sensitive to our needs and made himself very discreet at precisely the right moments without ever being asked. He would show us around to places and help out with our little boy and make suggestions and find out information for us. He was fantastic.
The hotel upon first impression seemed like a honeymooners haven, but we found it to be incredibly baby friendly too. The food menus offered options of infant foods that could be made and altered to your choice, at no cost. The spa offered me and husband a massage, and also provided the same for our little boy who was in a large room of padded mattresses and had himself a great time for one hour! The whole spa experience was truly decadent.
All the food we sampled was fantastic. There is a complimentary afternoon tea between 3-5pm daily, which offers an abundance of cakes and breads and coffee's and teas. This is a brilliant touch, which we have come to love in our recent experiences of Indonesian hotels, however, Alila offered the most highest standards in the selection of cakes offered, that we have ever seen.
There are many activities that can be done from here, but having been a frequent visitor to Bali, I imagine that perhaps the other Alila resorts might have that little bit more on offer by way of activities, based on their locations. Alila Soori, is great to have a very relaxing and indulgent time. We didn't leave the resort very much, but I perhaps would have liked to if we didn't have a baby around to think of. The weekend was perfect, and was probably just the right amount of time to have a break, though one more day couldn't have hurt!
I'm not sure how our stay could have been improved. The whole experience was customised to our tastes and needs, following the completion of the personal preference survey, from the music/movie/media playlist selections available in our villa, to the fruit and books provided in our villa, to the level of service and care given. Would very much love to come back to the beautiful settings of Alila Villa Soori!

Room Tip: Maybe check when the best time of year is to come to stay in the mountain pool villas.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank S B
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I just returned from a dreamy eight night trip to Bali - two of those nights were at Soori, two at Uluwatu. My husband and I aren't sure if we can pick a favorite between Soori and Uluwatu but if hard pressed, I think we would both choose Soori. They're both absolutely lovely! Don't spend too much time fretting over which to visit (it seems like lots of trip advisor posters do). They're both nearly perfect and you'll love your stay no matter what.

Our favorite parts about Soori were the sparkly, absolutely gorgeous black sand beach, the fact that the beach was public (lots of local life which was so fun), accessible (much less so at Uluwatu obviously), and the proximity to the intoxicatingly beautiful rice paddies. We took an excursion into the paddies at it was a highlight of our trip to Bali. Staff was amazing, room was perfect, lotions and potions were luxurious, spa was fantastic, food was delicious. I wouldn't hesitate to return to this beautiful property!

And a special comment about the yoga- absolutely wonderful. I was really impressed, and don't say that often when it comes to "vacation yoga." Private and public sessions were great.

Room Tip: We loved the access to the beach, but next time would probably be tempted to stay at the rice paddie...
2 Thank BrookMeakins
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Staff here are warm and friendly, also very helpful. You can feel the hospitality are real, not just by some staff manual or service textbook. It was a very pleasant stay in Alila Soori, will definitely visit again.

Singapore
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had been to Bali twice before and were sorely disappointed for a number of reasons (including accommodation) so staying at Alila was a wonderful surprise. We loved everything about our stay - room decor was just as we like it, more modern than rustic, food was excellent, staff were exceedingly accommodating and the bed was the best ever. We could have stayed another week! It is a little out of the way but we were looking for a holiday where we could chill and stay in watching DVDs and have room service, so this was perfect for us. Highly recommended. We booked under the 7 Days In Advance Deal and got 35% off the room rate which made our stay huge value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
W Bali - Seminyak
#23 of 143 in Seminyak
Viceroy Bali
Viceroy Bali
#9 of 198 in Ubud

Been to Soori Bali? Share your experiences!