I spent two wonderful nights in a charming bungalow overlooking the most beautiful rice terraces in an unspoilt corner of Bali. A brave and super Eco friendly couple have set up an environmentally aware and community beneficial lodge on the edge of the jungle and food forests. Most of the food is grown in their organic garden kitchen and is delicious. They have an organic rice paddy. The staff are all recruited from local villages so the money directly benefits the immediate communities. Waste water is recycled, electrics are maintained to a comfortable level whilst still keeping a low footprint. No AC but you have an open with a romantic mosquito net. Falling asleep with frogs singing and awaking to bird song is the reward. There is a waterfall and a natural swimming hole instead of a pool. Lots of classes and guided treks are possible. Carve a box, make a flute, learn the secrets of making coconut oil, have a massage or bike down to the beach through paddies and villages, all possible here. An amazing, tranquil place that respects both the environment and the people who live there. Wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the slopes of Mount Batukaru, Central Bali, you’ll find one of Bali’s best-kept secrets, a hidden eco-paradise only known by few but loved by many. If you’re lucky enough to nab one of Bali Eco Stay’s seven cozy bungalows, you’re sure to experience natural luxury like no other. On this vast owner-run and operated estate, guests are treated like family, personally welcomed and re-welcomed by the thoughtful founders and caretakers alike. Bali Eco Stay offers exciting experiences for guests of all ages, with plenty cultural and outdoor activities to enjoy. From traditional kite making to trekking in lush Balinese rice terraces, it is the perfect place to unwind and reconnect with nature. The best part is, you won’t have to go far; the resort’s land is like no other. Just minutes from your doorstep is a private waterfall where you can bathe, undisturbed, in the pure spring waters of Mount Batukaru. Wander the property and you’ll find charming bales nestled by the riverbank, a natural swimming pool, serene spa, and Bali Eco Stay’s very own Food Forest, teasing your appetite for the delicious meal ahead. Chef Minni’s home cooking is a thing of art, combining locally-grown organic ingredients with a touch of Balinese flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Bali Eco Stay Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Eco Stay Rice Water Bungalows Hotel Tabanan
- Bali Eco Stay Bungalows Tabanan