The hotel has great rooms, a beautiful setting with a view to the Tanah Lot temple, fun water slides, a lovely pool. It has all it needs to be one of the great hotels in Bali. Sadly it is so badly managed that it detracts from what should be a great stay.
- we book online, we get confirmation, a few days before we arrive we get an e-mail confirming our bookng but telling us they had calculated it wrongly. We agreed to resolve it when we got there.
- we arrive and discover that they have booked us in to two double bedrooms despite being 2 adults and 3 kids as per the booking. They knew we were coming (see above).
- the book us on the golf package but then tell us that the course is closed that week-end for a tournament
- we ask a hotel driver to take us to a sandy beach suitable for kids. He takes us to Echo Beach, not much sand and some of the fiercest rips in Bali (thanks to the Aussie surfer who warned us)
- dinner takes about 90 minutes to arrive. We end up searching for the pizza chef who has wandered off for 45 minutes. Note that the hotel is not busy at this point. The rest of the food for a party of ten had arrived interspersed over the preceeding 90 mins meaning any idea of having dinner together was lost.
We talked all this through with the manager who does not appear to have much idea what his job is.
What a shame. Such a well laid out and located hotel. It could be so good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a flawless getaway in paradise against the dramatic backdrop of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot Temple and the Indian Ocean.Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort unveiled a brand new experience for guests with a US$10 million refurbishment of its 278 guest rooms including luxury suites and villas, restaurants, bars and event spaces completed in 2011. The renewed resort, complemented by the uncomplicated service and premium offerings synonymous with the Pan Pacific brand, will enable guests to enjoy enriching and unrivalled experiences.Experience the best location to enjoy a remarkable sunset in Bali with dramatic views of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot temple, Indian Ocean, rice paddies, Greg Norman golf course and lush tropical gardens. In the resort, you can enjoy cycling around the resort grounds and the Bali countryside, a sunset walking experience with 103 hectares manicured gardens, spa indulgence at the Bale with endless view of the Indian Ocean, exquisite culinary offerings, relax by the three-tiered swimming pools with a 54-metre water slide, and many more activities awaits you. Complimentary shuttle service to Kuta and Seminyak is also provided.Children staying in the resort will be able to enjoy a wide-range of kid-friendly activities and experiences such as; painting, Balinese dancing, jungle gym, tennis, golf, Wii video games at Kids Club and Family Rooms or even join the fun environment activity of baby sea turtle release at the resort beach.Recently, Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort received prestigious recognition as Asia’s 10 Most Elite Golf Courses by FORBES Travel Guide, voted 100 Best Golf Course outside the US (no 66) and No 1 Golf Course in Indonesia by Golf Digest-US and Indonesia’s Leading Golf Resort (2010, 2011, and 2012) and Indonesia’s Leading Spa Resort (2012) by World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Hotel Tabanan
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort Tabanan