“Wedding Bliss!”

Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tabanan
Reviewed 19 June 2013

What can I say.... Our wedding on the 7th of April 2013 was one of the best days of my life. Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort was our first choice wedding location from the start. We can not thank the wedding planner, Sudigama, the staff and every person involved with our dream day enough!! While I sat nervously in our Pan Pacific Suite room, waiting for my moment down the isle the staff were working very hard to get everything set up. And what a sight! The first time I saw the ceremony set up was as I was waking down the isle. I didn't know to laugh or cry, all I know is how breath taking every single detail was! And with my Dad beside me I gasped at what I saw. Ive never seen my dad get very emotional about stuff but when I said to him 'Dad its just perfect' he said he just wanted to break down and cry. The ceremony went down without a hitch. Now the photos, oh my gosh, the photos! Pan Pacific is the most amazing setting over Tanah Lot temples... Add a bride and groom and a handful of bridesmaids and groomsmen and you have got the most exquisite wedding photos you can imagine! (We used Ricky & Co Photography). The reception was just as fun, an acoustic quartet playing at each table, taking requests for songs we all know and love while we enjoyed the scrumptious buffett of amazing food from all over the world. Our guests were in food heaven! The cake made by Pan Pacific's very own pastry chef was definitely worth more than a photo or two! Oh we just had a ball. THANK YOU WONDERFUL STAFF! You are amazing at what you do and I'm sure you don't get enough recognition! Please management pass our gratitude onto your hard working staff. Anyone who is thinking of this location for your dream Bali wedding... Do not hesitate, big or small wedding party, they cater for both. The price is so reasonable for a 5 star luxury resort.
Many many thanks,
Jacob and Chloe Siermans

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Chloe_P89
Write a ReviewReviews (1,947)

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Our driver Putu drove us from the busy Seminyak to this peaceful slice of heaven..
Our holiday initially started in Seminyak (first time visit to Bali) and I needed to get out of there ASAP.. I couldnt stand the place. I was literally in shock in Seminyak! Soon as we arrived in Tanah lot I was at ease... Walking up the stairs to the foyer of the Pan pacific just felt like heaven for me and my travel partner.. We headed left to the pool side and had an amazing dinner with our Balinese guests. It was the most memorable dinner I have ever experienced. That experience alone shifted our next few days to this resort. We were so glad to have moved to the Pan pacific, and thats when I could really appreciate Bali as I thought it to be BUT better! The staff are second to none! We stayed in the master suites and will be looking at staying in a Villa next time as we had been given a private tour of the villa's and they are magnificent as the rooms are too in this resort. I guarantee NO ONE would be dissapointed in staying here (if they just want a nice chilled relaxing holiday). Wifi signal is very strong throughout the resort. I basically spent most of my time sitting in the balinese hut over seeing the ocean with laptop in hand. Twas brilliant!! Breakfast is pure bliss! Eggs any way you like and pancakes cooked right there in front of you.They also have a shuttle which takes you to the busy part of Bali for shopping etc.Perhaps they should run it for a longer time rather than finish at 4.30 pm..I will be definitely going back time and time again due to our stay at the Pan pacific. Thanks to everyone at Pan pacific and a HUGE thanks to Putu for being the most lovliest driver we have ever encountered. If anyone wishes to obtain a driver in Bali/Putu's details, please email me. Chris and David.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This fabulous Bali resort overlooks a spectacular coast line with the ancient ocean temple of Tanah Lot in view and a surrounding golf course. We enjoyed our stay and found the staff helpful and accommodating, from the Gamelon and gong welcome we received at the front entrance to the flower they placed behind our ears upon arrival. Rooms are spacious and well appointed with deep soak tubs and lanais. The resort grounds are quite lovely. The pool is spectacular, but what we really loved was the Balinese bale bengong, or house of contemplation, where we could lounge away the afternoon while overlooking the spectacular coastline. One of the best resorts in all of Bali, its golf course is well manicured and caddie girls accompany the players. The restaurants ranged from casual to smart and stylish. The ancient ocean temple of Tanah Lot is just a 10-minute walk away and the surrounding village is full of Balinese treasures, from wood carvings to textiles, to exotic foods and treats. While remote in location, the complimentary shuttle took us on shopping excursions to nearby towns. Kuta is a little more than an hour away. This is a place you come to when you don't want anything else to compete for your attention. We were there in early May and felt like we had the resort to ourselves. June and July are much busier. The pool complex is very large and rambling on multiple levels with bridges, waterfalls, and pathways that lead to alcoves, bars, and lounge areas. It provides Western standards for luxury with Balinese art and other influences. In a word...Posh! Sunsets with the Temple in view are quite lovely. Spa is very good, but much more expensive than we found elsewhere.

Room Tip: Our ground floor room overlooked the golf course and had temple views and a lanai we enjoyed. Other...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Impressed at every turn. Professionally run, attached to fantastic Greg Norman golf course. Best part of my Balinese holiday. Not cheap but with golf package a $203 round of golf breaks down to half that price. An hour plus from Kuta so not sure if there is anything to do other than golf, as location is pretty remote.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Walacia205
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Great Resort and a Brilliant Golf Course .Stayed here last year and was the first hotel on a three leg trip this year .

Breakfast a lot better than The Conrad , But our room at the Conrad and The Villa in Ubud were 10 times better .

I also thought the porters here were lazy not once last year or this, did they offer or present themselves to carry our bags to the room on arrival or indeed when we left .

The Pool and the Slides were excellent.

Only real negative is it is miles from anywhere and takes an age to reach some of the nightlife Bali has to offer .

A little trip up to the cliff top looking down on the temple, a pathway leads you there behind the signature hole . A few little bars that serve big Bingtans for $3 in a frosted glass easy to please I know.

Talking of drinks for a Major Hotel very limited spirit range and top shelf was basically non- existent .

But your here for the golf and the all 18 holes do not disappoint and some of the views are just out of this world.

The caddies are very friendly and my golf improves 10 fold when I listen to them.

Room Tip: Don't get a basic room try for an upgrade
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clive F
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at this resort for three nights as part of our honeymoon. Overall, it is an excellent place to stay and I would happily return there but I wouldn't say the experience was flawless.

The stand-out feature of this resort is the resort itself. A more Western-style complex with Balinse influenced architecture, the place feels impressive and huge. The immaculately maintained grounds include a golf course and four-level pool complex with waterslide. There are other features as well including an impressively equipped gymnasium and squash courts. The view out to Tanah Lot Temple is spectacular, and the roar of the beautiful beach is very relaxing. There are little gazebos scattered across the cliff tops for relaxing while taking in a majestic ocean view.

There are three main options for food here: the Merica restaurant, the Poolside Bar and Grill and a European-influenced tapas bar. My preference was definitely for the Poolside Grill which I found to be of consistently high quality and better value. The Merica restaurant was okay but overpriced and I found the dinners to be lacking flavour. The breakfast buffet at Merica was outstanding on the other hand! We only visited the tapas bar once but found it to be very high quality and with lovely staff and an impressive wine selection (rare in Bali!).

Overall, our experience with the staff left a lot to be desired. Some were polite and friendly, but the majority were either awkward or abrupt. We had a lot of trouble communicating with the staff here due to language barriers which was unusual in a place like Bali.

We did not leave the resort during our stay, partially because it was so easy to relax there, but also because the shuttle bus schedule was very limited, only leaving the resort a few times each day. But this was fine as we needed some downtime by the pool which made us very happy. I have never seen a pool complex like this.. it was very impressive!

We went to the spa twice. Our first couple's massage was outstanding - probably the best I had in Bali. I felt my male therapist was very in touch with the areas of my body that needed work unlike other therapists who just follow a set procedure during the massage. The whole experience was perfect and we were so impressed we booked another massage. Unfortunately, the second time I had a different therapist who was pleasant but seemed disinterested. She also made me feel awkward about the massage I chose, for reasons that are still unclear to me (I dont think she wanted to give me shiatsu massage so she made me feel like I had made a poor decision). The two therapists then proceeded to talk during the massage in Indonesian which is incredibly unprofessional and makes you wonder if they are talking about you. Our spa package included a romantic bath at the end of the massage. As the bath was filling, the therapists left the room for 15 minutes, leaving us wondering what was going on. When they returned, they instructed us we had 15 minutes in the bath and then stood just outside the room. So there was no privacy (not that we were going to do anything!) and we felt very rushed, which completely defeated the purpose. We were then instructed to get out and when we looked at our watches noticed that our 2.5 hour massage had been cut short but at least 30 minutes. Very disappointing.

But these experiences didn't stop us from having a great time here. I think the location, the resort itself and pool complex make this place a winner, despite some of the other issues.

Room Tip: The rooms are pleasant but ultimately a bit soul-less and dated. You can expect the usual features...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Manateer
Reviewed 2 June 2013

2 x couples = 2 x happy golfers + 2 x happy wives relaxing by the pool or taking advantage of the curtained gazebo on the cliff top.
This resort is fantastic - and if there is only one golfer per couple - the Club package offers great discounts on golf and is the perfect excuse to laze away a couple of days indulging yourselves.
The quality of meals, service & surrounds is brilliant. We were delighted with an the invitation to join the management team on T7 for sunset cocktails, delicious snacks and the opportunity to chat with the people who actually run the golf course and resort.
If you're planning on a trip to Bali that includes golf - this resort is a must.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
4 mi away
The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
WakaGangga
WakaGangga
#2 of 14 in Tabanan

Been to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort? Share your experiences!