I stayed at the Nirwana Resort during a conference, and was very impressed by the hotel's beautifully appointed grounds, the amazing swimming pool area, and the overall friendliness of the staff. I stayed in a garden view room, close to the pools, and the room was fully equipped with everything I might have needed. It was very comfortable, offering enough space to set up a little office away from home. Their free wifi worked well and was sufficiently fast.
I had breakfast and lunch at their Merica restaurant, which offers a good mix of Asian and Western-style dishes. Once I dined at their TLC restaurant, which serves nice tapas. Also, it's only a short walk across the golf course to some local restaurants above the Tanah Lot temple, which offer local dishes at a much cheaper rate than the hotel - just remember to put on bug repellent before you sit outside in the evenings for an extended amount of time.
The only gripe I have is with the quality of the room service food. I found that to be a little sub-standard for a 5 star hotel, and especially for the rather high room service prices. The staff was great, but the food could have been better.
I had a traditional Balinese massage at their spa, which was divine. The spa is very generously laid out and simply designed, which makes it feel quite serene. I went in the evening, and was basically the only person there, which was very relaxing.
Since I was there for business I didn't make as much use of the pool facilities as I would've liked - because they're awesome! Four different pools at different levels, some connected through water slides and lots of comfortable lounging spaces make it a great place to just relax for a few hours with a book.
Overall, I had a great time at the hotel, and their conferencing facilities were also very good. They served very interesting and delicious tea treats during our breaks. I highly recommend this hotel if you aren't too concerned about your budget, and just want to stay in a beautiful, luxurious place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a flawless getaway in paradise against the dramatic backdrop of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot Temple and the Indian Ocean.Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort unveiled a brand new experience for guests with a US$10 million refurbishment of its 278 guest rooms including luxury suites and villas, restaurants, bars and event spaces completed in 2011. The renewed resort, complemented by the uncomplicated service and premium offerings synonymous with the Pan Pacific brand, will enable guests to enjoy enriching and unrivalled experiences.Experience the best location to enjoy a remarkable sunset in Bali with dramatic views of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot temple, Indian Ocean, rice paddies, Greg Norman golf course and lush tropical gardens. In the resort, you can enjoy cycling around the resort grounds and the Bali countryside, a sunset walking experience with 103 hectares manicured gardens, spa indulgence at the Bale with endless view of the Indian Ocean, exquisite culinary offerings, relax by the three-tiered swimming pools with a 54-metre water slide, and many more activities awaits you. Complimentary shuttle service to Kuta and Seminyak is also provided.Children staying in the resort will be able to enjoy a wide-range of kid-friendly activities and experiences such as; painting, Balinese dancing, jungle gym, tennis, golf, Wii video games at Kids Club and Family Rooms or even join the fun environment activity of baby sea turtle release at the resort beach.Recently, Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort received prestigious recognition as Asia’s 10 Most Elite Golf Courses by FORBES Travel Guide, voted 100 Best Golf Course outside the US (no 66) and No 1 Golf Course in Indonesia by Golf Digest-US and Indonesia’s Leading Golf Resort (2010, 2011, and 2012) and Indonesia’s Leading Spa Resort (2012) by World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Hotel Tabanan
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort Tabanan