“Great”

Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tabanan
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Great hotel wonderful stay highly recommend the staff are fabulous can not do enough for you.
Very safe and secure, clean good value for money loved the gym,sauna and spa area and pool my husband enjoyed the sunset bar.
Regards
Kathy r.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,947)

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Few months ago, my husband and I rush to Bali to escape from chaos.
Bali has always been my 1st quick choice of a hiding place, I met my husband there!

Since I've been too many times to Bali, its hard to impress me...
But this place is just what I describe as a tranquil hide away.
I chose this hotel after spending 3 days in a hectic Seminyak Area, and its just what we needed!

When we got there, the staff were very helpful and inform you with everything you need to know about the hotel. They make sure you'll get the royal treatment. Room service might take a while to get to you coz the long walk from the kitchen.

The room is really nice, we get the Ocean View Room, you can sit on the balcony enjoying the view. The room was overlooking rice fields and an ocean...breezy and quite...
The bed is awesome, you'll feel like you dont wanna wake up (oh yeah...a bed is a BIG deal for me...LOL)
There's footpath along the golf course circling the hotel area.
At around 4pm local time, there is a little tour to one of the oldest most respected Hindu temple located not far from the hotel. Its a 15 minutes-ish walk from the meeting point.
The pool area is huge! and FUN too! Suitable for children at any age and adults too!

The only downside is sometime in some months, the wind is too strong, you'll find yourself hard to walk around or just to get to your room.

The food there was not bad, but not spectacular either. Some restaurant in the hotel to choose and a bar.

Remember, this is a quite hide away kinda hotel, so do not expect loud music or live band.
If you want to go to the around Bali, you'll have to order a cab or rent hotel transport, and it'll take you around 1 hour to get to shopping and restaurant district.

All in all, I will go back to this hotel, Coz with the same rate, I wont get the same service and facilities if I were in Seminyak or Kuta area!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vey_travel_junkie_
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Following our fabulous wedding at the Pan Pacific Nirwana on in May 2013, we could not wait to get back to this outstanding resort so we booked a one week break for late August. Time and time again this hotel and the staff deliver the very finest level of service and never miss a beat.

Having booked a birthday reservation at the Bvlgari Resort during our time in Bali, we now regret leaving the Pan Pacific as the service at "The Pan" simply exceeds the service of any other property on the island.

The hotel feels like our second home, having been three times in the past six months, I can see many years of outstanding, relaxing holidays being taken at this hotel.

For any travellers thinking of booking this hotel, please do not hesitate in placing that reservation as you will have the best time ever in Bali, we want to thank all the staff and management at the resort for making our holiday perfect again!!!

Look forward to seeing you soon for our fix of "Nirwana"

Room Tip: The Pacific Club rooms are worth every cent.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sdbs1975
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Just spent 3 nights there, from moment your welcomed the staff were just perfect, . Had our room over the pool/seaview with the finest linen - you didn't want to get out of bed.....perfect night sleep withthe motion in the ocean. Restaurants were all perfect!
The golf experience was definitely the highlight for my husband & I - had the best day out with our lovely caddies! Both new to golf on regular base this year - so no expectations makes for perfect golf!! Made husbands day as he parred the signature hole - i was grateful to just make it over the ocean....getting into the hole...few shots later .
The only thing we would do next time is take our own clubs as it is a bit over the top to hire them, and then maybe look out for the golf packages would be cheaper option for sure.
Great experience!!
The Massages were the best i've had,

Room Tip: Pool/sea view was great. Villa near 13 th hole looked great as well
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This resort is super big and the place is just magnificent! The staff are so kind and helpful! The food is way beyond delicious! I love this resort with a huge golf course. Tanah lot is just a few minutes away which is so nice too! I love the breeze and the ambiance of this place. Really had a great time!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed at the Nirwana Resort during a conference, and was very impressed by the hotel's beautifully appointed grounds, the amazing swimming pool area, and the overall friendliness of the staff. I stayed in a garden view room, close to the pools, and the room was fully equipped with everything I might have needed. It was very comfortable, offering enough space to set up a little office away from home. Their free wifi worked well and was sufficiently fast.
I had breakfast and lunch at their Merica restaurant, which offers a good mix of Asian and Western-style dishes. Once I dined at their TLC restaurant, which serves nice tapas. Also, it's only a short walk across the golf course to some local restaurants above the Tanah Lot temple, which offer local dishes at a much cheaper rate than the hotel - just remember to put on bug repellent before you sit outside in the evenings for an extended amount of time.
The only gripe I have is with the quality of the room service food. I found that to be a little sub-standard for a 5 star hotel, and especially for the rather high room service prices. The staff was great, but the food could have been better.
I had a traditional Balinese massage at their spa, which was divine. The spa is very generously laid out and simply designed, which makes it feel quite serene. I went in the evening, and was basically the only person there, which was very relaxing.
Since I was there for business I didn't make as much use of the pool facilities as I would've liked - because they're awesome! Four different pools at different levels, some connected through water slides and lots of comfortable lounging spaces make it a great place to just relax for a few hours with a book.
Overall, I had a great time at the hotel, and their conferencing facilities were also very good. They served very interesting and delicious tea treats during our breaks. I highly recommend this hotel if you aren't too concerned about your budget, and just want to stay in a beautiful, luxurious place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Nice hotel but a little bit out of the way. Rooms are spread out so we had quite a bit of a walk to the pool and breakfast area. Great place to stay for a couple of nights but i think any longer and you would find the remoteness annoying. i like to get cheap massages and couldn't find any locally apart from the resort. Tanah Lot is on your door step and has a lovely sunset. Local market are average and not many dining options apart from the hotel. most activities during the day had a cost involved. the pool area was great. don't forget to take insect repellant as there are a lot of midges on dusk.disappointed that the hotel told us it would only take 1 hour to get to the airport on a Saturday night when in fact it took 3 hours! We didn't get the hotel car as it was cheaper IDR250000 to get the local taxi Company. The hotel wanted to charge $37 USD. They have a free shuttle to Kuta daily. Golf was amazing and as a hotel guest you get a discounted rate $120 instead of nearly $200 for non-guests, so well worth the trip out there.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jlp9202
IvanCasadevall, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Pan Pacific Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Pan Pacific Nirwana Resort in Bali and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We value your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your constructive feedback, for our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world alike.

First of all, I would like to apologize for all the major inconveniences you faced during your stay with us; it is with deep regret that we have acknowledged your comments about the resort location, wrong time predictions and its facilities and on behalf of our team, please accept our most sincere apologies about your disappointing experiences.

Actually, whilst it is true that our resort is slightly remote and away from the ‘hustle and bustle’ of Seminyak, it has to be mentioned that it is specifically the tranquil and peaceful appeal of our resort which attracts most of our guests and keep on driving our regular visitors back to Tanah Lot. The magic and mystical character of this integrated resort, along with the friendly and heartfelt approach of our associates, is certainly the most sought-after charm of the western coast of Bali. Nevertheless, we do provide Free Shuttle services daily to Seminyak and Kuta for our guest who wants to experiences the touristic area.

With regards to the journey from Resort to Airport, it should honestly not take more than 1 -1:30 minutes at night time, and during peak hours it could take up to 2 hours and during special occasions, for instance, Balinese ceremonial events and other local celebrations, traffic could be congested in certain areas.

Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences during your stay and hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back very soon to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort on your next visit to Bali.

With kind regards
Ivan Casadevall

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
4 mi away
The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
WakaGangga
WakaGangga
#2 of 14 in Tabanan

Been to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort? Share your experiences!