We stayed at the Pan Pacific hotel in Oct 2013 for our honeymoon. The hotel itself is beautiful with a spectacular view of the Ocean for sunsets and amazing swimming pools with great water slides. A great setting for families with kids. However, once the sun sets, the prices for food are out of proportion with the standards at other nice hotels, especially in Bali. We had an Italian buffet which was not very good and some of the items listed in the menu were absent.
The hotel didn't do anything nice for our honeymoon. The non-Ocean view rooms are really far from the lobby and when we called to ask for an upgrade it was a daunting task. The people at the concierge speak broken English. They kept telling us their would be a fee for upgrading the room, when we asked how much they said they would need to look into it and call us back. They called back and offered to show us the room but they still didn't know the fee.
As for the golf, the golf course is spectacular. But the price-gauging continues in the club house. We rented golf clubs for $50 a set and they didn't even have a proper set of ladies golf clubs. They wanted me to golf without 4, 5, and 6 irons. Getting a complete set of clubs was like pulling teeth. Make sure you bring tees because they only provide you with three but they'll gladly sell you more in the club house. A bottle of water on the course is $3 and it's extremely hot. They force you to take caddies who are females in ridiculous uniforms that don't know anything about golf. They were rude - laughing and snickering at us while we were trying to play. One of them was texting throughout the round. We felt they did a bad job as caddies and tipped them $5 each and they demanded $10 each. They make it seem like it's a mandatory tip. We were so insulted. Their presence took away from the enjoyment of the round. I'd be all for caddies if they were skilled professionals.
We expressed our disappointment to the manager at the end of our stay and he didn't actually address anything.
Overall my view of the Pan Pacific chain has declined after our golf round.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a flawless getaway in paradise against the dramatic backdrop of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot Temple and the Indian Ocean.Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort unveiled a brand new experience for guests with a US$10 million refurbishment of its 278 guest rooms including luxury suites and villas, restaurants, bars and event spaces completed in 2011. The renewed resort, complemented by the uncomplicated service and premium offerings synonymous with the Pan Pacific brand, will enable guests to enjoy enriching and unrivalled experiences.Experience the best location to enjoy a remarkable sunset in Bali with dramatic views of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot temple, Indian Ocean, rice paddies, Greg Norman golf course and lush tropical gardens. In the resort, you can enjoy cycling around the resort grounds and the Bali countryside, a sunset walking experience with 103 hectares manicured gardens, spa indulgence at the Bale with endless view of the Indian Ocean, exquisite culinary offerings, relax by the three-tiered swimming pools with a 54-metre water slide, and many more activities awaits you. Complimentary shuttle service to Kuta and Seminyak is also provided.Children staying in the resort will be able to enjoy a wide-range of kid-friendly activities and experiences such as; painting, Balinese dancing, jungle gym, tennis, golf, Wii video games at Kids Club and Family Rooms or even join the fun environment activity of baby sea turtle release at the resort beach.Recently, Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort received prestigious recognition as Asia’s 10 Most Elite Golf Courses by FORBES Travel Guide, voted 100 Best Golf Course outside the US (no 66) and No 1 Golf Course in Indonesia by Golf Digest-US and Indonesia’s Leading Golf Resort (2010, 2011, and 2012) and Indonesia’s Leading Spa Resort (2012) by World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Hotel Tabanan
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort Tabanan