“Paradise”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tabanan
Greater Adelaide, Australia
“Paradise”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed 8 nights in an ocean view room no. 444. From the moment we arrived the resort operated like a well oiled machine. The staff are, to a man (woman) superb. Nothing is too much trouble and all done with a sunny smile.
Our room was spotlessly clean with all the amenities you could wish for. A slight musty smell due to the room not being aired but soon disappeared once the sliding doors were opened a few times. Pool area is magnificent with many pool side beds, lounges and umbrellas available with towels all supplied. The slides are good for a laugh. Most of our meals were taken around the pool bar with the carnivore pizza and Bali satays the favourites. Happy Hour between 6 & 7pm is the perfect way to end a day around the pool. If you are early enough you can score a Bali Hut over looking the ocean where there is a beautiful sea breeze.

If a relaxing holiday is what you need this is the place to be with shuttle buses available for those requiring a day out shopping in Kuta or Seminyak.
The Spa and Wellness Centre was amazing where once again the staff were very professional and the treatments outstanding. Be warned though - book early to avoid disappointment.
Overall the whole experience was faultless and we would love to return soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I've visited the PP Nirwana at least three times over the past couple of years, and some things remain consistent: the kindness of the staff, the stunning site right next to Tanah Lot Temple, the gorgeous sunsets... But this time, we did experience some difficulties at the beginning and at the end of our stay. Let me explain.
When I arrived around 5 PM on my first day, I learned that we had been upgraded from a Pacific Club Suite to a Villa - not really an upgrade for us, since we once stayed there in a villa and asked to be downgraded to a suite, simply because we did not like the villa as much. When I insisted on being assigned a suite, I was told no suite was ready and was asked to wait for an hour or two - not the end of the world. But the suite we were given had a faulty thermostat (or faulty air conditioning), and since they could not fix the problem that night we had to sleep in a different suite on our first night. And since they had not fixed the A/C problem in our first suite the following day, we had to move to a different suite on our second evening - all this on a four-night vacation. Not ideal, to be sure. And in the new suite we were moved to on our second night, we could not turn off the TV with any of the remotes. Turns out the batteries in BOTH units were dead! Some serious lack of foresight and preventive maintenance, it looks like.
But what made our check in even more stressful is that we were given the wrong check out time and the wrong information regarding the Pacific Club benefits - not the first time this has happened to us. Having stayed in a Pacific Club room many times before, we know what we are entitled to and it seems illogical to us that people who work at the PP Nirwana keep giving their guests the wrong information upon checkin. Still, we always have to tell the reception staff what we know, and they always end up telling us they have to talk to someone - all the while making us wait. After a long flight from Canada, once again not an ideal scenario.
The stay itself, once this musical chair of the first two days behind us, was really nice. But things got bad once again at check out time. We had asked for a metered cab to take us to Seminyak, and the hotel said they would call one for us. The cab that showed up right after we finished our check out did not have a taxi sign on the roof, yet the man at reception repeated to us that it didn't matter, that the cab they had ordered for us was indeed a metered cab and not a hotel car.
We told the cab driver upon leaving the PP the name and address of our hotel in Seminyak, to which he replied OK. Well almost an hour later, the man was still driving around Seminyak, asking us to keep our eyes peeled for the name of our hotel. I tried to show him the map on my iPhone to help him find the exact location of our hotel, at which time he clearly became irritated, raising his voice and telling me not to bother him with a map, that we were on the right street and that he did not need a map. Not being able to find the place, he finally asked someone on the street, then someone else, and we finally were able to find our hotel after much wasted time and what I would call unsafe driving as well (driving over 100 kilometres an hour on a downtown street on a Sunday simply because there is no speed limit in Bali and there was no traffic that morning doesn't qualify as safe driving in our opinion).
Quite unhappy with the whole experience, I gave the driver 150,000 rupees for the ride, expecting my change back (it came to about 130,000). Guess what? No change. I asked him for his business card. Guess what? No card. When I insisted that he make change, he got somewhat angry with me and showed me a chart with the hotel rates, trying to convince me that we were still getting a good deal at 150,000 rupees.
What is the lesson to be learned from all this? When booking a cab from PP Nirwana, if you want a real metered cab, insist on the hotel calling a Blue Bird Taxi. We did this before, and EACH TIME their reception staff told us that Blue Bird charges for the ride from Denpasar to the hotel AND back. That is untrue and unworthy of the reception staff of a large hotel with a seemingly good reputation. The only thing you have to know about Blue Bird is that when you order one of their cars in advance, they have a minimum charge of 30,000 rupees. No other rules or charges. I still do not understand why the hotel gives their guests the wrong information in that regard, and that is a shame because we ended up with a driver who was both a road hazard and dishonest. I've learned my lesson and will hold my ground with their reception staff in that regard the next time I visit - but things shouldn't be this way. Especially when you are "serial repeat" customers like we are.

4 Thank Marc M
IvanCasadevall, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Pan Pacific Guest,

Thank you for always staying with us at Pan Pacific Nirwana Resort in Bali and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We value your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your constructive feedback, for our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world alike.

First of all, I would like to apologize for all the major inconveniences you faced during your recent stay with us; it is with deep regret that we have acknowledged your comments about the air conditioning, remote control, miscommunication about the Pacific Club access benefits, lack of information on our Concierge and of course your bad experience with the meter taxi, which was not appropriate. On behalf of our team, please accept our most sincere apologies about such disappointing experience.

Whilst it is not a common problem of our resort experience, during your recent visit we faced a technical problem that affected some of our guest rooms’ air conditioning and despite trying our best to resolve this matter successfully, apparently the only solution was to move you from your usual suite room; it is never ideal but we thank you for your feedback. We also much appreciate your comments regarding the remote control and we have now our Housekeeping team individually checking all rooms to ensure the same inconvenience will never happen to other guests.

For your record, we have managed to identified the taxi driver who handled your trip to Seminyak and we have reported him to the local taxi company in order to ensure that a disciplinary action is taken towards this unacceptable attitude. We are all truly sorry about this incident and we would like to thank you for your feedback; regretfully we are not always able to guarantee Blue Bird taxi for our guests due to the nature of the local community arrangements with taxi companies however, we should always ensure that a proper meter taxi is provided of course.

In spite of this unfortunate episode, I would like to thank you for bringing your comments to our attention and I personally would like to welcome you back soon and when you do so, kindly feel free to contact me directly on ivan.casadevall@panpacific.com so we can arrange a memorable flawless visit back to the resort in your usual suite.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort

With kind regards,
Ivan Casadevall
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Good room with excellent view room, big room for their standard room and very quite. We are going to be holiday with my best friend and it made us happy. For swimming pool very nice and big pool with ocean. Over all the atmosphere could make you fresh and fun. The staff very friendly and hood attitude. Thanks Pan Pacific.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here for couple nights, because my husband love golfing. They have beautiful integrated golf course.
I have stayed in many 5 stars hotels and resorts. This place has absolutely amazing view, but I was not very impress with the service.
Our room ac wasn't working properly, we got to move room three times.
I had incident at this hotel where I couldn't find my personal belonging that I left in the room. I had to write complain letter days later after I left, and finally got it back.
For us personally, it was not a very pleasant stay.
However to be fair, I've got to admit the golf course was amazing!! The view was fantastic. Food was great. Good for family and honeymooners where you wanna have your privacy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank widawida
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We are currently staying in a pool view room which is beautiful, scrupulously clean and lovely and cool in the heat of the day. Staff have been very friendly and helpful (everyone smiles and greets you) and breakfast is lovely overlooking the Tanah Lot Temple, a true 5 star hotel. Our anniversary was celebrated with a delicious romantic dinner at the Pool Grill and we were presented with a delicious congratulatory chocolate cake in our room, complete with flowers scattered in the bathroom. The staff had clearly gone to a lot of trouble to make our stay here special. As with a recent stay at the Pan Pacific Canada Place we can not fault the service and amenities at this hotel.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 12 February 2014

5 days into our 8 day stay and the bad reviews seem beyond petty. The place is paradise. We are an early 30's married couple and did our research before coming here. The distance to main centres is why we are here. The staff are amazing and it doesn't seem to matter what position they have, there is always a smile and a good morning of afternoon offered. The food is great, and haven't ever been offered more choices for breakfast than here in my life; sushi, Cesar salad, pizza, through to bacon and eggs etc. Regardless of how many people there seem to be in residence there is always a private nook or cranny to feel like you are the only people here. House keeping if anything is more than enough with up to 5 visits per day, including standard room cleaning, new complimentary fruit, afternoon treats, turn down etc. We passed on one day and got a letter under the door to say they tried and couldn't service I'd but if we needed anything let them know.

ONLY NEGATIVE- I entered a golf tournament at the amazing course Onsite, happened to win the guest section and won a washing machine! Not sure how I am meant to get a washing machine back to Australia....

This place is great and wouldn't hesitate coming back in the near future!!!!

1 Thank Selbie81
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Just returned home from an absolutely fantastic 4 night stay at the Resort to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary.

The staff couldn't have been friendly, especially the staff in the Merica Restaurant. The chef catered for my Gluten Free requirements better than I could have ever expected. All our meals in this restaurant were top class and were matched by very attentive service. We both felt very special and blessed to have met such wonderful people. Cannot praise the staff enough
Our room was perfect in every way. Perfect view of the pool and ocean, comfortable bed and kept spotlessly clean. What more could you want.

The swimming pools and grounds were top class.

Can't go past this resort if you want a quiet and romantic getaway.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
Hilton Bali Resort
Soori Bali
#1 of 14 in Tabanan
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua

Been to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort? Share your experiences!