“I have no idea if there anywhere else in Bali you would find a place as perfect as Pan Pacific Bali Nirwana”

Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tabanan
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This luxury five stars resort hotel provides almost everything you would expect from a luxury five star resort. If I have to rate this place, It’ll be 5.0 of 5.0. If you're in to golfing or after a luxury holiday then I have no idea if there anywhere else in Bali you would find a place as perfect as Pan Pacific Bali Nirwana.

One of the best things about this hotel is the location! It’s located right next to Bali’s most well-known temple “Pura Tanah Lot” and is one of the holiest temples in Indonesia.
The view from this hotel is undeniably amazing.

Not to forget the food. I tried one of their signature creations “Crispy Bebek Goreng” at Merica Restaurant and it was EXCELLENT.

Experience it yourself and thank me later for sharing this.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This resort is set in the most beautiful surroundings on over 110 hectares. It includes a highly rated golf course. We had an ocean view room which had a separate bedroom with balcony where you could relax, read and watch over the ocean. The lounge room also had its own balcony with seating. The whole place is air conditioned and serviced daily. The fittings and furnishings are of a high standard and we had 2 televisions.
Walking around the resort is a pleasure as there are views everywhere. You will take too many photos. In particular the view of Tanah Lot temple is stunning, particularly at sunset. There are many pools to choose from and plenty of cushioned beds and lay back chairs around. There are about 4 different places to eat and plenty of variety. The tapas bar is very price friendly and we enjoyed the same variety of options as you might get in Barcelona.
As we had upgraded to a club package we enjoyed breakfast, afternoon teas, cold drinks whenever, and evening cocktails in the club lounge. The staff were fabulous and a young lady called HArum Machinta was particularly helpful as she served us every day. We learnt a lot about life in Bali this way.
Overall, despite being 1 hour from Seminyak and Kuta this resort enables a totally relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Ocean view room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Johns1951
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The location/view of this hotel is five stars. Sunset is beyond breathtaking.

Pools are very nice and so are the sun beds.

The room is spacious, quiet, ac works really well. Nice bathroom and many tv channels for the rainy days.

I was given many complementary water bottles in my room.

The staff is polite but their English skills are lacking. Had some difficulties with my card upon check in and had a very hard time understanding what the staff meant.

What really disappoints me with this place is the pricing of the food. Breakfast was not included in room price and they charge you 250 000 rp for the buffet, which I has good food but not that much above average.

A coconut by the pool is 45 000, I've stayed at other five star hotels where it's at most 20 000. Not nice at all, makes you feel fooled.

Dining is also expensive and my pasta had been boiled for too long.

It is also kinda far to anything else, like a supermarket or centre of some kind. All you have is small shops that are close to the temple. Not a problem for me as I spent most of my time at the resort, just an FYI.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Anna198729
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I am one person of 3 couples who just returned from a Luxury escapes package to this resort. What a great deal and also a fantastic place to stay. I think this is the 5th time I have been to this resort. We had an Ocean view room which was large, bed was fantastic and room clean. There was a good range of channels on the tv including the Aussie channel which is good for Aussie rules football followers. Wi fi facilities are available. It is ideal for people who want to play golf, read, swim, eat, have massages or manicures and just chill and take in the amazing ocean and temple views. The resort is isolated but we were aware of this. It just depends on what you want in a holiday! Crowds , traffic,shopping and bartering or just relaxing. Our friends made use of the courtesy buses which took them to the main shopping areas of Bali on 2 of our 8 day stay( this was a I hour drive each way). This gave them the best of both worlds. The staff are excellent in all areas. There was a happy hour at the poolside bar each evening between 6 and 7 pm. The Tapas bar was good for small meals and I felt inexpensive The poolside grill had an excellent range of tasty food and was in line with Perth prices plus it had a view to die for! The resort has a water slide plus several pools which look out towards the ocean. Poolside snacks are available. All pools were well kept and clean. The view from the breakfast area is again awesome and the breakfast was pretty good. There was a range of food to suit all cultures and would get you off to a good start for the day.
You could walk to the nearby Tanah Lot Temple which is a must do or go on a bike ride in the local area with a guide from the resort. This was not a high cost item. There are other activities available which can be organised for you. It is just distance, time and money.
One could not forget to tell you about the golf course! The Greg Norman designed Nirwana GC is a course which has serious wow factor. Many of the holes are either over some of the ocean or beside the ocean. 4 tee boxes on each hole can make the course to a standard and length suitable to your golf. Motorised carts were of a high standard. Caddies had good local course knowledge and were able to help make your game more enjoyable. Price to play here is not cheap at approximately $140 Aus incl caddy and cart for in house guests but this course is in the top 100 courses in the world. I believe even if it stretches the budget its a must play golf course and you want be sorry that you ventured out on to this well manicured course. This memories of this resort remains strongly in my head and I look forward to returning on another occasion.

Room Tip: Pool and ocean view rooms are my pick .
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank craig1923
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Pan Pacific during Nyepi period on 30 March to 1 April 2014. This is the second time we stayed here, and the decision my wife chose this hotel is right, the experience here was again perfect.

Beautiful scenery makes us comfortable to enjoy Nyepi, Pura Tanah Lot is usually crowded with visitors now looked deserted without one visitor, stands firmly with the graceful waves buffeted the coast. My wife enjoyed the sunset on the beach side overlooking Tanah Lot join yoga programs provided by the hotel, while I prefer to stick with my camera taking pictures of the beautiful scenery with my miniatures.

Love it!

Room Tip: Get rooms with sunset view is the best
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed at Pan Pacific Nirwana for the period 29 March 2014 to 6 April 2014 as part of the Luxury Escapes deal. We had pre-arranged an upgrade to an ocean view room with two double beds but upon check in we were given a garden view room with only a king bed - fortunately we had the necessary documentation showing this arrangement and we were finally moved to the ocean view room as previously requested.

Firstly the pro's:
- the glorious view of Tanah Lot
- the waterslide and pools are great and you seem to be able to get a sun lounge most days
- the rooms and bathrooms are lovely and cleaned well.
- the staff (traditional Balinese hospitality)
- breakfast was quite good - egg station, pancake/waffle station, choc fondue for kids, asian breakfasts etc.
The negatives:
- the price of food is ridiculous - $5 for small bintang once taxes are added. Dinner options are very limited if you do not like steak or seafood. You have to do room service. Also steaks were $25 to $30 and came with no sides what so ever. You have to order sides at an additional cost so your meal ends up costing you about $40 for quite ordinary food. I won't pay that in Australia for fish or steak.
- room service food was often cold
- tapas at the Tanah Lot Deli onsite was quite nice but a little expensive also.
- food at Merica is nice, but there are much more delish food in Kerobokan or Seminyak for half the price.
Overall, as you are somewhat at the mercy of the Resort because of its location you are certainly made to pay for it with expensive and below par food. I have noticed that the Manager - Ivan, frequently comments that they are comparable to other 5 star resorts but this is simply not the case. We have stayed at many 5 star resorts and the food whilst normally is at the higher end, was compensated for with taste and precision. Pan Pacific just did not hit the mark for us. Italian Buffet was 280 000 rupiah ($28 AUD plus an additional 21% tax on that) per person. We ate out this night so I cannot comment on the quality of the buffet.

Massages were so so - I have had better for a fraction of the cost. Sorry - I cannot justify $42 for a half hour foot massage.

Kid's Club - our children are aged 6 and 8. Normally, we can't keep them away from Kid's Club. On this occasion they attended twice but did not want to go again. Just not enough variety for them.
Hints:
- make sure you book for the shuttle bus into Seminyak or Kuta. They leave at 9 am 11 and 3pm. You can then easily catch a Blue bird cab back after dinner for about 100 000 rupiah ($10AUD). What you pay in taxi home will more than compensate for a variety of meals with taste for a fraction of the cost. I suggest Sarong and Pearl for fine dining. Taco Casa, Naughty Nuri's, Ginger moon, Biku, Mannekepis for cheaper eats.
- You can walk along a path by golf course to get to Tanah Lot. Takes about 10 mins and is an easy walk. If you do this you do not have to pay the $3 entry. This might not seem like much but if you have 2 adults and 2 kids it will cost you $9 to get in each time you want to have a look at the markets. There is a shuttle which can take you to Tanah Lot but if you will have to pay $3 each time to get into the markets. We received different advice about this. Reception told us we could not walk and would have to pay the $3 entry. Other guests and security advised us we could but to keep an eye out for golf balls.
- The markets at Tanah Lot are great. Many fixed price and those who are not ask reasonable prices so bargaining is a lot easier than in Kuta or Seminyak. Great for green ceramic/pottery products. We did not eat at any of the eateries there so cannot comment, but there a few there.

My suggestions for Resort and Management:

- offer a more varied dinner menu. Unless you like seafood or steak you are restricted to room service at night (with the exception of Italian Buffet night
-it is just plain rude to have to buy sides when you a paying quite a lot for a steak, fish or pork ribs at dinner. (taste was lacking too)
- the information about what is happening at the resort is non existent. Other Resorts will have a daily schedule available. Also information about shuttles, walks etc.
- on this note, there did not appear to be any sort of organised activities such as water aerobics or quizzes or entertainment (or maybe we did not know about them)
- staff need to be consistent with information provided.
- there seemed to be very little flexibility at the resort eg. dinner menu (which I find unusual for Bali)

I would suggest a 3 night stay would be sufficient ( unless you are an avid golfer or want to do nothing but laze by the pool).

Would I stay again - probably not. Lovely to enjoy the view but that was really about it for us.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 475 which was nice view and close to most of the facilities.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank cassidy313
IvanCasadevall, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Pan Pacific Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Pan Pacific Nirwana Resort in Bali and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We value your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your constructive feedback, for our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world alike.

First of all, I would like to highlight your very positive ratings in relation to our glorious views of Tanah Lot, our lovely and clean rooms, the variety of our buffet breakfast and our outstanding professional staff as well as the resort’s magnificent pool facilities. These are important aspects to consider for every family visiting Bali and along with many other guests staying at our resort, I feel personally very pleased you enjoyed the values of a great holiday.

On the other hand, it is with much regret that I have acknowledged your disappointing feedback about some other aspects of your stay in which we usually excel as well and I wish you we had known them during your holiday with us, so the team and I could have gone an extra mile to ensure a better overall satisfaction was extended. On behalf of our team, please accept our most sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations at every level.

Since many of your remarks do relate directly to the costs and prices of our food and beverage offering, I would like to mention that Pan Pacific Nirwana is proudly (priced) positioned significantly lower than all the other 5-star hotels in Seminyak and Nusa Dua; the main reason for this approach is our location and due to the fact that our in-house guests have less alternative options in the neighborhood, our repeat business in our restaurants and bars is obviously higher and therefore, we do have a commitment to provide the highest value for money. We are pleased to share that the resort offers 4 different restaurants, each of them with a distinctive stamp ranging from local traditional Balinese cuisine all the way to contemporary international dining; in addition to this, 3 times per week we give the chance to our guests to enjoy exclusive themed buffet evenings, truly unique from each other and including select live entertainment. Again, we feel the prices and overall value offered is highly regarded amongst our guests, both in-house and outsiders coming from different communities within the island.

In reference to other aforementioned comments on our Kid’s Club and available Activities within the resort, there has clearly been a miscommunication since our team’s proposal for everyone is truly unique in this aspect. The resort offers a wide range of activities for kids and adults alike with a focus into different angles of the experience including cultural, traditional, sports, adventure, fun, learning, humanitarian, etc. and I believe we failed in communicating this accordingly. We shall continue to work hard to guarantee every guest leaves our resort with a fantastic story and a truly memorable experience.

Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused during your stay and please contact our Director of Rooms romy.mansoer@panpacific.com or me directly on ivan.casadevall@panpacific.com and we will make sure that you will have a memorable experience in our resort.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort!

With kind regards

Ivan Casadevall
Footscray
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband and I wanted a relaxing, calming holiday away from all the buzz of the main part of Bali. At the Pan Pacific that is exactly what we got. We stayed in a suite and it was very large having a separate lounge room, huge king size bed and large bathroom. The staff were amazing, so friendly. There are 3 restaurants onsite, one thing here that I found a little disappointing was there wasn't much traditional Balinese food at any of these restaurants, it was all lovely but when I'm in Bali i like to eat Balinese cuisine, also you can order food by the pools (there are 4 and 1 water slide) They have happy hour every day and there is plenty to do if you have kids. Some great things we did at the resort were a Balinese cooking class which was 3 courses and of course you got to eat it all, there is a lovely sunset walk which takes you to the temple, and we both released a baby turtle, we also had a romantic lunch on the rocks, this was not what we were expecting, we had 3 courses at the most sublime location a table was set for 2 where we had our on private chefs and wait staff, the food was simply amazing and this was a great way to spend our last day at the resort. If you are wanting to be near all the buzz then this is probably not the place for you, there is a shuttle bus to Seminyak but you must book it and it is an hours travel each way. If you want to relax and not really leave the resort then this is a perfect spot.

Room Tip: Definitely a suite
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
Hilton Bali Resort
The Legian Bali
The Legian Bali
#7 of 146 in Seminyak
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali

Been to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort? Share your experiences!