You go to Bali because you expect it to be a good cheap overseas holiday. You think you can get luxury with little expense. This is not true!
Pan Pacific in Bali is an amazing place, that would be heaven on earth except for a couple of things.
2. Remoteness to Kuta and Semanyak
Firstly, to expenses. We got an amazingly good deal to come to Pan Pacific. Very cheap for 8 nights. Due to its remoteness to the bigger towns, you are sort of held captive there for lunches and dinners. Prices for meals and drinks are just as expensive, if not more expensive than Australian prices. ie. a burger is around $15 AUD plus tax and service charges. This is one of the cheaper options. Also, we had a very expensive buffet dinner (around $30+ AUD per head). You would expect a drink with that, but no we had to pay. We also had a nice lunch at the golf course. You would expect a drink with that. But no you don't. No free water even. For a place where you can't even drink tap water, you would expect free bottled water. A 5 star resort should provide this. No ifs, buts or maybes. However, none provided unless you go to the gym and fill up from their free water, or you use the small amount they give you at room service. This is used up quickly for teeth brushing. If there is something they need to do, it is provide plenty of free drinking water, easily accessible.
Secondly, they advertise only 20 minutes to the main towns of Kuta and Semanyak. This is absolutely not true. At least an hour to Semanyak, and 90 minutes to Kuta. At least they provide free shuttle buses.
In saying all this, if money doesn't mean much to you, and you like being in an amazing, but remote paradise, then this is the place for you. Amazing food, very friendly staff, and amazing landscape on a beach cliff, near an iconic Bali temple and markets. So whilst I have bagged the place based on price gouging, I think it is a wonderful holiday at Pan Pacific.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a flawless getaway in paradise against the dramatic backdrop of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot Temple and the Indian Ocean.Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort unveiled a brand new experience for guests with a US$10 million refurbishment of its 278 guest rooms including luxury suites and villas, restaurants, bars and event spaces completed in 2011. The renewed resort, complemented by the uncomplicated service and premium offerings synonymous with the Pan Pacific brand, will enable guests to enjoy enriching and unrivalled experiences.Experience the best location to enjoy a remarkable sunset in Bali with dramatic views of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot temple, Indian Ocean, rice paddies, Greg Norman golf course and lush tropical gardens. In the resort, you can enjoy cycling around the resort grounds and the Bali countryside, a sunset walking experience with 103 hectares manicured gardens, spa indulgence at the Bale with endless view of the Indian Ocean, exquisite culinary offerings, relax by the three-tiered swimming pools with a 54-metre water slide, and many more activities awaits you. Complimentary shuttle service to Kuta and Seminyak is also provided.Children staying in the resort will be able to enjoy a wide-range of kid-friendly activities and experiences such as; painting, Balinese dancing, jungle gym, tennis, golf, Wii video games at Kids Club and Family Rooms or even join the fun environment activity of baby sea turtle release at the resort beach.Recently, Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort received prestigious recognition as Asia’s 10 Most Elite Golf Courses by FORBES Travel Guide, voted 100 Best Golf Course outside the US (no 66) and No 1 Golf Course in Indonesia by Golf Digest-US and Indonesia’s Leading Golf Resort (2010, 2011, and 2012) and Indonesia’s Leading Spa Resort (2012) by World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Hotel Tabanan
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort Tabanan