We had a lovely couple of weeks here at Christmas. The lodge only has a few bungalows all placed in different locations basically amidst jungle. This for us was a plus as we were craving peace and quiet! Lovely staff who whip up the most amazing food. The menu was definitely a strength with the most amazing salads grown in the garden and coffee grown and ground by the staff. honestly we turned into total foodies while we were there and couldn't wait for the next meal. the jungle special weekend dinners were worth photographing as they were severed up in traditional Balinese style dishes. The owners are very friendly and we read some great informative books recommended by Norman and from the shelf in the dining building. I do think 2 weeks is probably too long here only because there is not much more to do except read. I Think a week would be ideal though as you can book a some of the tours although Bali tour guides are a bit different ! Lots of people ask about the bugs. We had a very jungle surrounded bungalow and yes at times I was a bit harrased by insect life but it is all part of the experience and not to much of a problem, just get a routine going of tucking your mosquito net into your bed early and it is all okay. You get to see some amazing sights, lovely birds and glow bugs etc. I would recommend this place as the staff were so nice, food was great and it is all so relaxing. The owners also helped get something returned to me from the other villa( we stayed there a week also and I left something important behind) they have a partial interest in further North in Bali and I was impressed by how helpful and honest everyone was in this. The other villa is also worth staying in it has it's own pool and is by a beach. NowI have written this review I want to back at least for a day trip to sample some of that awesome cooking!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarinbuana Eco lodge is the pioneer of Eco Tourism in Bali. This internationally Award winning Eco Lodge, offers you a retreat into nature. With 5 uniquely hand crafted bungalows set in tropical organic gardens, amazing mountain & forested valley views. Surrounded by fruit, trees coffee, cocoa, vanilla & rice paddy's. Delicious Organic local Balinese, Raw food & Western dishes sourced from our gardens, workshops with our local villagers, Mountain, Rainforest, Temple, Rice paddy and "food forest" walks, fresh mountain water pools. Enjoy a massage or take a cooking class. Perfect for Nature loving: Couples, Families, Solo travelers, Honeymooners, group retreats & for all those who would like to be a part of this vibrant traditional culture, while treading lightly on the earth. Winner of the Wildforest award 2013, 2007 & 2010 Wild Asia Eco Lodge of the year Award, and 2 time nominee for the Virgin Sustainable Tourism Award - Best accommodation for a community category. Sarinbuana Eco Lodge has lead the way in developing Sustainable Eco Tourism in Bali, pioneering social and environmental programs that have set new standards for viable, responsible & hotel management in Bali. Our recent consultancy projects are: Bali Eco beach house, Loola Bintan Island, Fresh Bali, Sumber Sari Eco Villas & Bali Eco Stay. New Retreat Bamboo bale for workshops, groups and yoga space. Daily Yoga classes at 7am & 5pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Sarinbuana Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarinbuana Eco Hotel Tabanan
- Sarinbuana Eco Lodge Bali/Tabanan