We stayed here for two nights, coming from Ubud and before going to Sanur. This place is right away from any noise and mayhem of the tourist trail and is so peaceful and relaxed as a result. This is place where you find the real Bali and see village life alongside you.
The place itself is beautiful, set near Mount Batukaru with amazing views both of this and down to the coast. We stayed in Rumah Manis which had a lovely big outside area which I think had the best views out to sea across jungle. The room was clean and the bathroom was absolutely wonderful.
My husband and I are both terrified of spiders, but apart from the (admittedly massive) one by the path to room who we named Steve, there were none to be seen. This was a big relief. Apart from this, there is plenty of nature to keep you interested. One night we were reading on the veranda when lots of bats were swooping round out heads. Wonderful. There is a real sense here of being at one with nature and living alongside it. We went to the water hole which is a lovely addition and enables you to cool off in the afternoon.
The food is delicious, I think this was some of the best food we ate on our trip. Everything is so fresh and you feel really healthy after a few days of eating here. Most things are grown and harvested on the grounds. We did a tour of the gardens here which was really interesting. We also did the rice paddy walk which was excellent, as we saw some amazing views and ate some unusual fruit along the way. We wished we had more time to do other trips as they all sounded excellent, and the massages looked great too.
We didn't meet Norm and Linda as they were away while we were there, but all staff were very friendly and helpful. There is obviously a sense of community here and in the surrounding villages.
This is not a place for a party, and that's not what we came for. We wanted somewhere to relax, see the real Bali and some outstanding natural beauty. This place ticks all the boxes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarinbuana Eco lodge is the pioneer of Eco Tourism in Bali. This internationally Award winning Eco Lodge, offers you a retreat into nature. With 5 uniquely hand crafted bungalows set in tropical organic gardens, amazing mountain & forested valley views. Surrounded by fruit, trees coffee, cocoa, vanilla & rice paddy's. Delicious Organic local Balinese, Raw food & Western dishes sourced from our gardens, workshops with our local villagers, Mountain, Rainforest, Temple, Rice paddy and "food forest" walks, fresh mountain water pools. Practice yoga in our "treetop" yoga shala, mountain bike to the beach. Enjoy a massage or take a cooking class. Perfect for Nature loving: Couples, Families, Solo travellers, Honeymooners, group retreats & for all those who would like to be a part of this vibrant traditional culture, while treading lightly on the earth. Winner of the Wild forest award & Wild Asia Eco Lodge of the year Award, and 2 time nominee for the Virgin Sustainable Tourism Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Sarinbuana Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarinbuana Eco Hotel Tabanan
- Sarinbuana Eco Lodge Bali/Tabanan