Lowest prices for your stay
US$121
Free cancellation until 04/12/21
PricelineUS$75
TravelocityUS$121
eDreamsUS$71
All reviews beautiful resort star resort jungle bali surroundings valley
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

This is one of the most beautiful places on earth! The food is delicious and world class, but it is the staff at Bagus Jati that truly make this resort such a special place. Wayan in the restaurant, "Cue" lead us on a nature walk and taught us about the local culture and history, the ladies in the spa, Wayan who take care of our villa and Buddha who took care of our needs in the mediation room and by the pool.... these people are amazing and Hospitality and service seems to come naturally to them. From the front desk to all the service in the restaurant and beyond, well done! We will return. Thank you for your warmth and welcoming nature.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 468shelan
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Came here for an afternoon and had lunch in the restaurant. Food was great as well as the drinks. Enjoyed a very relaxing time as the grounds are beautiful and the views are breathtaking. I ordered fish and had with fresh vegetables with local spices to make it very flavorable.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed 5 nights and loved it! The staff were all so friendly. The hotel itself is quite a bit away from Ubud, which is good if you're looking for a quiet out of the way experience. The morning yoga was run by local Balinese, which I really enjoyed. It's targeted for people with some experience of yoga, but complete beginners can still join in. If you're quite experienced you may find the yoga a little slow.
Bagus Jati also run other free activities, I particularly enjoyed the nature walk, which included walking around the local village and seeing inside the temple and a local house. They also organise paid activities, I can really recommend the spring temples tour, since I went in the low season I ended up having the guide to myself.
The food was great and there was a good mix of Indonesia food, healthy western food (including raw mouse, cake etc) and other options like pasta and burgers.
The main draw card for staying here though is the stunning location which overlooks a river. There's nothing like waking up to a wall of lush green forest with butterflies, birds, dragonflies and frogs all around you!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Bagus Jati was the Bali I wanted Bali to be: stunning tidy property clinging slopeside a gorge facing steep cliffs adorned in tree ferns and jungle foliage. Guests stay in their own private bungalow with a porch and full wall windows on three sides, a king canopy bed and generous bathroom with soaking tub and shower, blazing hot water, and thoughtful features like universal plug hookups, hot water fast boil kettle, fruit, and robes. Seriously the most romantic room I've ever stayed in, though I was traveling alone, as were many of the other guests. In January the property was cool and misty with refreshing tropical rains during the heat of the day, so I never needed air conditioning. There were surprisingly few bugs other than butterflies and very cool dragonflies. My (off-season) rate of $142/night (Trip Advisor rate) included a full breakfast to order, a morning yoga class, evening meditation class, and complimentary day activities like making Chanang (daily offering), nature walk/village explore, and water aerobics. The yoga pavilion looks like Something out of Lord of the Rings' Rivendale. If you are into Yoga or dance or meditation, it's the most perfect spot imaginable. The infinity pool was majestically set at the base of the resort, with a trio of spouting fish statues making it a work of art. A level over the pool is the spa, where a lovely menu of massage and Beaty services were available. It was way more expensive than Ubud, where an hour massage was $10, but still way more affordable than in the U.S., and you got it in the most beautiful setting imaginable. The spa was extremely professionally managed, clean, and they provide robes, shoes, lockers, tea, and other features of a high end spa.

Bagus Jati is about 45 minutes from Ubud in the middle of nowhere so you are a captive audience. While they offer complimentary shuttles to Ubud and sell day trips to surrounding attractions, the glory of Bagus is go nowhere and just enjoy the tranquility of a perfect time out. I stayed 3 of my 6 nights in Bali here. Captive means there is only one place to eat, at their restaurant. While it was beautiful and the service was perfect, the food did not match my experiences in Ubud. I sent a snapper dinner on banana leaf back for being too tough and chewy and tasteless. My best experiences were sticking to the vegetables they grew on property. Fresh and healthy, but no real interesting sauces, dressings, or preparations. Definitely not a deal killer though. The experience gets 5 stars even with mediocre dining.

I cannot say enough about the grounds and service. The property is adorned with beautiful water features and sculptures, all dressed in fresh floating flowers. It is not great for mobility impaired, as there are lots of stairs and steep (but not slippery) paths. They offer golf cart rides up the hill (I enjoyed the workout so walked everywhere) but there is no escaping copious stairs even with help. The staff were attentive and friendly and professional.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Rebecca D
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Came here to eat dinner with my family after being recommended by a friend. The food was nothing special, you can get much better food elsewhere. It took them over 30 minutes to serve us our food and we didn't get our beverages till 15 minutes after ordering them. They even got my brothers order wrong after specifically telling them that he wanted the sauce on the side. The only reason I can imagine people choose to dine here is because this is the only half decent place to eat in what is a pretty isolated part of the island.

Date of stay: January 2017