“Great value for money”

Bali Rida Tour - Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 16 things to do in Tegalalang
More attraction details
Owner description: Bali Rida Tours we offer personally tailored tours based around your own interests and what YOU want to see in Bali. Our tours are designed to explore deep into the essence of Bali.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

After reading on Tripadvisor many positive reviews about various private drivers in Bali, Wayan was the only one who addressed all my detailed questions in my enquiry email. I had a specific itinerary that involved approximately 7 very long days. Wayan gave me a reasonable fixed price and didn't seek to charge me for hours that exceeded 10 (as some other private drivers/companies do). Each day, him (or one of his colleagues if he was unavailable) ALWAYS turned up as early as 15 minutes. He and his colleagues were very reliable, trustworthy and safe drivers. Their cars were comfortable with air conditioning.

Wayan's main concern is not so much about cost but whether or not his customer is happy whilst in Bali. I had lots to see and not enough time, but Wayan made sure that I got to see everything I wanted to see on my list when in the east, north, west and south of Bali. If he wasn't familiar with a place I wanted to go to, he didn't hesitate to ask locals along the way for directions which helped to avoid time loss.

My only advice is:

1. make sure Wayan has seen your itinerary (despite me emailing it to him as an attachment and telling him there were 4 pages, I learned that his Blackberry only showed him the first page or two - therefore, put your itinerary within the email rather than as an attachment)

2. be clear on what his daily rate includes (I made sure I stated that it included parking fees, toll fees & his lunch because it helped me to correct him or his colleagues when I was asked to pay the toll fee for the Mt Batur area and Jatiluwih area. However, I should have also asked it to include a sarong.)

3. be clear on whether you expect him to be just a driver or also your guide (the latter is important to help avoid paying more money to local people who insist on being your guide when Wayan is not by your side).

In general, Wayan adapted well to my very high and demanding expectations and professionally handled minor problems that arose from any misunderstandings. Additionally, he helped me to avoid the stresses of scamming taxi drivers and other locals by picking me up upon arrival, taking me everywhere that I wanted to go in Bali and dropping me off at the airport. He made sure I remained happy and I did! Wayan keeps his word and I have no hesitations in recommending him and his team.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Wayan was a wonderful guide and driver. I had an itinerary that I had already planned and he added to the trip wherever he could. Always on time and very thoughtful, he would constantly be buying us fruit! He was always so enthusiastic and happy to share his culture and traditions. Our favorite was the little local food stand we went to on the way to the airport - great food! There were three of us and we spent 4 days with him and one day with his friend, Wayan. He was very accommodating to our needs which we appreciated. His English is great and he is great company. The van always had water and he provided us with Sarongs and Umbrellas. He definitely made our trip very enjoyable! Definitely would recommend and would use again!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

It was great to have Mr. Wayan as our guide during our Bali trip on April 2nd week. He was amazingly polite and a good guide as well. Although he was busy with his ceremony, he sent his colleagues who did not disappoint us.I would definitely recommend my friends to contact him if any body is planning for Bali. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I visited Bali with my wife and little child. The three day experience with Wayan is great. He is professional and polite person. He also help us to understand the culture of Bali and help us like a guide. Also the return gift from him is excellent!!!

1  Thank knayek
Reviewed 18 March 2014

we got the contact to Pak Wayan from a friend. He is reliable and a very friendly person, always with a smile in his face. He picked us at the airport and drove us to our hotel in Ubud. During the trip we stopped at several places (shopping, coffee) and he took us to the right places.
Another day we took his service again. He's always on time and very patience. After those 2 days, we felt like friends with him -:))
Thank you Pak Wayan. Hope to see you again soon....