Review Highlights
The Icon of Palembang

Spent an hour and took some photos of the bridge, Traffic in the afternoon is slightly heavy... read more

Reviewed 20 November 2020
ditap1057
Iconic Landmark in Palembang

You better go there during night time for a better view of this landmark, I actually went to nearby... read more

Reviewed 4 October 2020
B1shonen
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews palembang city musi river ulu indonesia background government security improvement pempek legend
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

A must visit place in Palembang. Visit in the afternoon to get the best view. You can find foodstall and chained resto nearby.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 1 March 2017

This is the symbol,landmark of Palembang.Special architecture and antique.It is the work forced during the Japanese invasion to Palembang .AmPeRa stands for (amanat penderitaan rakyat) the civillian symbol of sufferance during the Japanese occupation .

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed 23 February 2017

You haven't been in Palembang when you're not seeing this bridge. The city is evolving now, preparing for Palembang Emas 2018 and Sea Games in the same year.You can use public transport or taxi for a ride. Jembatan Ampera is still their trademark, a little bit identic with Chao Praya riverside in Bangkok.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

I visited the place twice in my visit to Palembang. They said it has nice view on the night, but I only have chance to see it in daylight. The first trip on the bridge, I use small boat to enjoy the view across the river and for me the view is not really impressive. The second trip, I try to walk along the bridge and the place not really give me much impression. The stair near the bridge not really clean and it little bit smelly at the time I went there. I do understand why this bridge become the icon though. The architecture design are good and pretty different compare to another bridges in Indonesia. Not to mention, the economic value of this place. The local said the bridge itself is the symbol of Palembang transformation. I just wish that the place have better maintenance.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 21 January 2017

A huge bridge as the icon of Palembang Kota Pempek. This is the symbol of Wong Kito Galo city. Ampera means Amanat Penderitaan Rakyat this bridge connect Palembang Ulu (Plaju, Jakabaring, Kertapati) and Palembang Ilir (Dempo Area, Bukit, Kenten). If you come to Palembang you must visit this city's icon and take some photos here. You can go here by public transportation such as Transmusi, City Bus, and micro bus

Date of experience: January 2017