“On and off...”

MaxOneHotels @ Vivo Palembang
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Palembang
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've been visiting Palembang for the fourth time now, and frankly, i didn't stay overnight that much..., in fact, MaxOne @ Vivo was the first hotel I experienced in Palembang. from the first second, I know that this hotel is a minimalist-modern hotel... small, compact, yet stylish. I would say (even before checking in) that the lobby will be small and packed, corridors will be narrow, and not air-conditioned, and above all, room will be just enough and "dense". Turned out everything is true as predicted, but since it was predicted before, I wouldn't put up any complain against it.

Lobby was fine, loving the unique wall clock (numbers are scattered around however positioned as all round 12 numbers)... corridors? narrow, but unique... I would say honestly, I've never seem similar corridor designs... It was fun to see how they define hotel corridor in a different way...

Room was also okay, although it is small and dense... everything was just about fine until... The internet connection... it shows problem... The connection was on and off... You work in bed and it worked, next 5 minutes, it's off. So you move to the table... It was on again, and you continue working for 5 minutes, then off again... it goes again and again from 21.00 to 02.00, and when I passed on my complain, the reception "sincerely" offered me to move to another room, at 02.00 (Which i found to be ridiculous). I skipped the offer, went to bed, and woke up fresh in the morning... Breakfast was good, since I choose to eat fruit and salad only at the time...

My verdict for this hotel was fair. Room rate's slightly high for a minimalist budget hotel, but room, facilities and service was okay (aside the internet connection of course).

Room Tip: The closer to the main lobby area the better internet connection you will have (if you need one)...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelling703

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

At a glance you'll know this hotel was nice, minimalist look, friendly staff and the room i think is decent. But the price tag i think a little bit overpriced for a hotel like this, the breakfast is so-so. But the location is quite good its near ptc palembang. Just a few walk from the hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mbonsie
Reviewed 26 July 2013

me and my friends come to had an iftar on 20 july 2013 there. we has a reservation for 30 seats . but when we come to this hotel. we just have 14 seats. when we tell to the reception we tell we will take 14seats. but they said" it can't,if u wanna cancel the revise the reservation. u must pay for 30 seats" but the facts we just had for 14 seats. how come??
not only that the food and the beverage its not prepared well from the hotel.
and we looked one of hotel staff eating at the buffet in front of us.
u really need to improve the hotel service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank syafrida n
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is my first time stayed in this hotel.The hotel has a unique design,not many space in the bed room, but it is comfortable. Clean, good service, and offered reasonable price. The location is great, next to the PTC mall, and along with other Five star hotel like Aston and Novotel

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank ferdyhardianto
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Good budget hotel with very nice and helpull staff, modern design, clean room, good for visitor (family or individual). view from room not too good, but it is suitable for those who want to take a rest after walk around the city. Phone available outside the room, no phone to contact receptionist from our room. Parking area available for you who bring the car. you can only take a stroll to get to the big mall. you can buy the vouvher from internet or directly at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank muklay
HM_MaxonePalembang, General Manager at MaxOneHotels @ Vivo Palembang, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Customer,,

Many thanks for submiting this review.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our, services and facilities and I know my team will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks.

It's always rewarding to know that our guests enjoyed and feel The Max experiences and thank you very much for all your positive comments, also will follow up your notes for our development by ensuring without phone in room our staff will available arround the guest to anticipate all needs.

We hope to continuously 'wow" your expectations in future.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

when i came to check in i was surprised since the receptionist says no reservation under my name while it booked thru portal from past 2 days before arrival for 4 night stayed, and the receptionist say nothing till i shown him confirmation letter from portal. On the next morning while i took breakfast I've secondly surprise since my daughter omelet been charge with no information from waiter/tress about breakfast condition ( served or charge) then i mentioned to charge to my room but the waitress insist to ask cash and it's looked like I'm a skipper ( what a hell!!! i stayed for 4 night and I've been paid while c/i ). At the afternoon I've found my vehicle scratch in the hotel parking area were i surely know that my vehicle in good condition, then i ask to security did he knew what happened or any cctv that shoot on parking area to make sure everything clearly but he ignored my question and with a grumble he said nothing happen. I've try to meet the manager, i found Mr. Odi (front office) and i tell him all the trouble and hope does any attention to all of these. He promised to make it clear in the night while i came to the hotel. I arrived at the hotel at 8 pm the go to the reception to ask Mr. Odi but receptionist says he took a break at the moment, and i said I'll wait in my room if he's ready. Until morning ( 2nd day morning...) there are no one from the hotel come to my room. i was very disappointing, I'd go down to reception and ask Mr. Odi but he ain't coming yet info the officer, then i ask the officer to call the hotel manager (Mr. Deki - were I've got info he's in house in the hotel ) but it very shame that he won't coming down to faces me with a reason he doesn't know anything instead of Mr. Odi. HOW COME? ARE THESE NEW HOTEL GREAT TREATMENT? ARE THE SLOGAN ON LIFT ARE TRUE? ARE THE GRAFFITI ARE HONEST ?
PLEASE TRY IT IF YOU DARE.........

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank luky w
HM_MaxPalembang, General Manager at MaxOneHotels @ Vivo Palembang, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Mr. Lukyta Surawijaya,

Many thanks for the review following your recent stay at our hotel.

All our staff have been trained to be friendly and courteous to our guests and service is a culture we strongly adopt. We always ensuring our service excellent as our promises to all our customer, nonetheless, we regret that this has caused some inconveniences during your stay.

Regarding your check in experience, we will improve and make sure all customer reservation recorded very well and will not make guest wait to long.

Regarding your breakfast experience, we never treat our customer as skipper, we only ensuring the protocol is running and yes, I will train them to give more services and use magic words to all customer.

Regarding your vehicle incident, we checked directly to our CCTV and we did not find any incident to your vehicle during park in our hotel, and so sorry late respond given to you.

I am very sorry not able to react and respond to you personally in time, but I guarantee you and all customer that it will never happen in future.

Again, we are sorry that we missed the mark on your stay and we truly hope for the opportunity to provide you with a stay that exceeds your expectations in the future.

We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

The room floor where I stayed was dirty. What annoyed me was strong cigarette smell was in that room, then I asked for non smoking room,but they didn't have non smoking rooms. The food was ok.
I don't understand why this hotel got some good reviews as I booked this hotel because I saw some good reviews about it.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ikarini

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for completeing this review.

We have always endeavoured to provide the best within our concept. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed.

You feedback has been channelled to the Management and yes we will maximizing NON SMOKING FLOORS with 18 non smoking rooms at our 2nd floor to fulfill all customer inquiry of real fresh and cleanliness atmosphare.

We apologize if in any way we feel short in this inconviniences. Hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel and to providing you with the very best of our hospitality