Days Inn West Branch Iowa City Area
  • Pool
US$170
US$152
GardenInn.com
Iowa House Hotel(Iowa City)
US$104
US$144
US$106
US$60
US$58
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesan older hotelstaying at this hotelstaff was friendlyplace to stayfree breakfastparking lotherberthoovernookrajconveniencefurnishingscerealcoralville
Reviewed 18 May 2011

We were looking for a cheap, simple place to spend the night on our trip out west. This was the cheapest place we saw in a coupon book we grabbed at a rest area. This place was just what we were looking for. The room was very clean and had all of the essentials. We were pleasantly surprised that we could order a pizza in the bar downstairs. The pizza went very well with some refreshing cold beer. You can even play video games on a big flat screen tv or play some pool. We just chatted with the friendly bartender and other travelers while watching TV.

In the morning, checkout was simply putting your keys in the basket. They also put out some coffee, juice, toast, bagels, and cereal in a little nook near the desk so you can start your morning off right.

Overall we were very happy with our stay and would recommend it to anyone who isn't too fussy about staying in a motel without too many extra frills.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank SleepyTimeD
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I thought this motel was a very good value. It had no frills such as in-room coffee, iron/ironing board, blow dryer but who needs those things when you can have a restful night and a refreshing shower in the morning. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank trailingwife77
Reviewed 14 July 2010

We have to go to Iowa City for Doctors and have decided to stay at this hotwl when we need to it is quiet and very clean we are going again this month and taking our children and dog The mangement was very nice and informative when we asked questions.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank diana_boyd09
Reviewed 6 June 2010

This is an old-fashioned hotel where they give you a key and not a keycard. It's in the process of being renovated. Frankly, the room was just fine and so was the bathroom. TV was limited, but who cares? I used this motel as my stopping point for visiting the charming town of West Branch, Iowa, and touring the Herbert Hoover Museum and Library. There is a really old computer you can use, plopped into a dark hallway, but it worked OK enough to get on the Net. Warning: Some doors were left open, a Fire Code violation.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2009

User Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
by Douglas 10/27/2009

While traveling early September, I was going to stay there for the night and was disappointed that I was only able to get maybe 5 channels and was looking forward to relaxing to watch a nationally televised college football game that night. I went to the front desk to explain my dilemma and see if I could get a refund. They said I could watch it from the lounge, which was not exactly my room, nor did I want to be surrounded by smoke and alcohol (just a personal preference). The manager or owner was indignant and asked if I made a mess. I told him he could check but should be fine. Since before I checked the t.v. and used soap to wash my hand, sat on the bed and the cat had been let out ( $10 pet fee already paid), he said it would have to be cleaned.He was unwilling to refund or give me 1/2 off. I left so I could watch the game from a normal motel. Beside that, the ice machine was broke and the parking lot was empty. That should have been my first clue. It gave off a creapy vibe. I was busy with moving, otherwise I would have contacted the publication that listed this place in their coupon guide and made a complaint. Save your money. The guy was rude.

I went up the road toward Davenport and stayed at a reasonable established chain motel in Eldridge ( I believe), and was treated with courtesy and had a nice room with a t.v. I could use. This is the turn off adverised as the largest truck stop in the U.S., or something like that

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Presidentialinn, Manager at Days Inn West Branch Iowa City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2010

This gentleman checked into the hotel knowing what we offered and what channels we had and still he rights a negative review. This is the same gentleman that says he likes the best of the best in his profile and comes to our hotel with a coupon? Sounds pretty ironic. He also says the lounge which is now just a year old smells like smoke and alcohol. Wouldn't a bar smell like what it sells? And the smoke part is completely a lie. How can a bar smell like smoke when the bar first opened after the smoking ban took effect in Iowa? I think this guest knew what he was getting and since he didn't get his pet fee refunded he is trying to spread bad reviews. Before he check in he was advised on what channels we have and still checked in with a coupon from a hotel guide. Some people just expect to get an arm and a leg for nothing. We are a family owned hotel that we have been remodeling ever since we bought it. This is probably the best hotel on I-80 in Iowa for its price value. Where else can you go and get a room with all the amenities and pay $40. I think all future guest should check us out and see why most of our business is from repeating guest. With us you get the best for less.