“An interesting Christmas adventure” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Kluang
Singapore, Singapore
432 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 620 helpful votes
“An interesting Christmas adventure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I drove from Singapore to Kluang last Christmas eve and stayed over a night at Hotel Anika near the city center. Although a small town by itself, Kluang Town has its unique attractiveness. The modern Kluang Mall was splendid and was a pleasure to shop and walk around. Around the town, there were good eateries and we have satay at one of the food center. There were Christmas countdown celebration at the another Mall and we joined in the Christmas eve countdown. We slept almost midnight.

The next morning on Christmas day itself, we drove to Gunung Lamak (not far from the town). My friend slept in the car while I followed a group of residents up the trekking trail. Initially, the terrain was smooth until I started the uphill climb on an undulating slope. It was real tough for a sedentary worker like me. The tree roots were the only stairs and I was panting all the way. I gave up after a short climb as I found myself breathless and panting. I walked back the trail, crossed a suspension bridge to the Water Park area. I saw a group of children accompanied by adults walking up a cemented slope on the hillside. I then realized that there was another path going up and this path. This path appeared easier as it was concrete slab so I just tailed the group and followed them up the hill. It eventually led me to the half summit. It was about half an hour climb and a perspiring one but was much easier than the other trail. It was like walking in the MacRitchie Reservoir in Singapore full of trees around and the air was fresh. I later returned to the base and met up with my friend and we went to the popular coffee house at the Kluang railway station to have our breakfast.

If you are like a sedentary worker like me, it would be tough climbing the uneven path with tree roots at Gunung Lamak. It would be easier to walk up the concrete path. I regretted only able to climb till the half summit and not right to the top. I heard it was tough to do that. Nevertheless, this trip made me realized how physically weak I am. The 2D 1 Night trip to Kluang was an interesting Christmas adventure. If there is another opportunity to come here, I am determined to complete the full climb up Gunung Lamak.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank soh_kien_peng

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kluang, Malaysia
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 184 helpful votes
“A Place to exercise for your body and soul”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My friends and I usually take a walk up to the foot of the mountain, due to our arthritis.
On Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday from 8 to 9am I join aerobic open air class near the reception of the Resort and you are asked to donate MYR2 or more.
Every Friday(forthnight) at the same hour, Health District Department hold aerobic class at the same place.
At car parking lot, normally there are 2 regular taichi and dancing class being held.
Many of the visitors hope the car parking area should be used solely for parking only and the dancing group move to the upper level car parking lot.
As this is the only and the nearest recreation spot in Kluang town, Kluang Municipal Council should upgrade and maintain this area accordingly.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank HRS_6
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Mountain trip again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I went to climb the Gunung Lambak with my friends again in January. Even though I already went there few times but I still felt excited when reached the peak of mountain . The fresh air and good view make my day even that is not easy to reach the peak . But life full challenge so must try it even it will a bit harder and tougher.

Visited January 2014
Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Decent hill to climb.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Nothing too much on man-made facilities, but pretty nice hill to climb for a good getting in touch with Mother Nature. Hill starts with little stream at the bottom, too :)

Visited April 2013
Johor
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“AWESOME!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Nature at it's best...... At the bottom there is a "theme park" with a RM5 (Adult) & RM3(Child) as the entrance fee.... Which is not worth it unless u r travelling with kids..... As for the mountain itself, superb.... As we did not reach the summit due to bad weather, I am not able to comment on the view.... As for the trek itself, it is safe and marked accordingly, so no way of loosing the way n there are railing along the steep areas..... Bring along food and drinks as there are no food stalls around the area...... In summary a good adventure and would be back to go all the way to the summit..... An easy trek I would consider for a first timer as my 5 years old niece was able to climb till the 900m mark....... The music of the forest n the sound of the falls is amazing.... Beware if u r carrying ur foods openly as it might be stolen by the monkeys.....

Visited November 2013