“Challenging Climb”

82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Challenging Climb”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Not a very high mountain but numerous ups and downs on fours which make it very challenging to conquer. Not many signboards around in the jungle and makes trekking a bit lost track. Footage map is not very comprehensive and not so self explanatory.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Picolla2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Pretty OK if you need a workout in Kluang”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Was there since it is the only interesting place around. The base of the hill has children's water park that's frequented by locals. Many fruit stalls selling fruits and fruit juice. Should be clean (I didn't have any stomach ache after having local dragon fruit).

The hiking trail is dotted by mini fountains or creeks, also frequented by local children who would play and squeal. It is kindda refreshing to watch local children play.

At the last 200m up, the trails get a little challenging as the trail turns from paved and steps into rocks and slopes. And yet I noticed old people hiking up and down like it is a regular trail. Wow!

Johor Bahru District, Malaysia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Its OK to bring kids.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We went for family activity during school holiday. My husband n i with 3 kids (6, 9 & 13) . Although the whole journey took about 4 hours, but we still enjoyed. Guide is not necessary. Just to have comfortable shoes n go early. its fun.

1 Thank Emilyyap
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
350 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 255 helpful votes
“Wonderful journey”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We went today 29/06/2014. This is my 2nd time jungle trekking at Gunung Lambak. We start climbing up on 7:30am. We need around 1 and half hour up to the hill. Gunung Lambak is 1400m height. There are 3 different path with various difficulties which you can choose up to the hill. The journey quite tough for us because we are fresh. But we enjoyed it regardless how much pain the feet.

Singapore, Singapore
518 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 730 helpful votes
“An interesting Christmas adventure”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I drove from Singapore to Kluang last Christmas eve and stayed over a night at Hotel Anika near the city center. Although a small town by itself, Kluang Town has its unique attractiveness. The modern Kluang Mall was splendid and was a pleasure to shop and walk around. Around the town, there were good eateries and we have satay at one of the food center. There were Christmas countdown celebration at the another Mall and we joined in the Christmas eve countdown. We slept almost midnight.

The next morning on Christmas day itself, we drove to Gunung Lamak (not far from the town). My friend slept in the car while I followed a group of residents up the trekking trail. Initially, the terrain was smooth until I started the uphill climb on an undulating slope. It was real tough for a sedentary worker like me. The tree roots were the only stairs and I was panting all the way. I gave up after a short climb as I found myself breathless and panting. I walked back the trail, crossed a suspension bridge to the Water Park area. I saw a group of children accompanied by adults walking up a cemented slope on the hillside. I then realized that there was another path going up and this path. This path appeared easier as it was concrete slab so I just tailed the group and followed them up the hill. It eventually led me to the half summit. It was about half an hour climb and a perspiring one but was much easier than the other trail. It was like walking in the MacRitchie Reservoir in Singapore full of trees around and the air was fresh. I later returned to the base and met up with my friend and we went to the popular coffee house at the Kluang railway station to have our breakfast.

If you are like a sedentary worker like me, it would be tough climbing the uneven path with tree roots at Gunung Lamak. It would be easier to walk up the concrete path. I regretted only able to climb till the half summit and not right to the top. I heard it was tough to do that. Nevertheless, this trip made me realized how physically weak I am. The 2D 1 Night trip to Kluang was an interesting Christmas adventure. If there is another opportunity to come here, I am determined to complete the full climb up Gunung Lamak.

Visited December 2013