“Rail hotel Kluang”

Rail Hotel
Ranked #6 of 18 Kluang B&B and Inns
“Rail hotel Kluang”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Pleasant hotel- food voucher is excellent can use it any part of the day. A taste of Malaysia - coffee brew will linger on -Kluang a town for hill Trekkers -home of ceramic tiles of Malaysia -Kluang was the base for the Japanese General tomoyuki yamashita for the capture of Singapore

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank eliya s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel over a short weekend. It is located on top of one of the famous Kluang Rail Coffee branches. The rooms are fairly small but sufficient. Bathroom is the best thing about this place. The rain shower and clean minimalist look was what we really appreciated. Overall, the room is clean and kept tidy well. The room rate comes with breakfast downstairs the famous coffee shop. Must try the coffee!

Unfortunately the location is a little bit far from the railway station and bus terminal and other interesting destination if you want to walk. Best to hire a cab to go in and out. The air-conditioning was a little funny the night we slept there. It took forever to cool the room. Turned out if you don't turn it off before removing the key (to turn off main power), the next time you turn on the main power, the air conditioning will not function even though it is turned on. So best to turn off the AC, remove key, replace key and turn on the AC.

Will stay there again the next time I go there.

MYR135 per night with MYR30 breakfast voucher. MYR105 without breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed in the family suite, and were very much pleased with the size of the rooms, TV and bathroom. They were well maintained and clean. The beds were good quality.

The front-desk is sparse with little extra facility, however the entire experience was wonderful. The breakfast downstairs was one of the best malaysian style eateries we had been to in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank inC1
Johor Bahru District, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

WE checked in yesterday for a family suit with one king size n one single bed . The rate is Rm220. The actually room rate is rm235 with 3 breakfast which we have canceled it due to we are going for Gunung Lambak in the early morning.
The location is convenient for us to go Gunung Lambak, U K Farm and good dinner @ Ah Fook Satay.
Our family ( 2 adults n 3 kids, age 6-13) are satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Emilyyap
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I booked a Delux King for 2 nights stay and I got 10% discount rate. So, instead of paying the published rate RM185, I paid only RM166.50. My comments about this hotel is as follows:

1) The room is not too big or too small, it is just nice.
2) The room and the toilet are really clean. The moment I entered the room, I can feel the "cleanliness" and I can't find a single spot of dirt.
3) The bed is very comfortable but the pillows are not. Every night, I had to adjust the 2 pillows many times before I can find a comfortable position to rest my head. I seldom experience this when I stayed in the other hotels in JB.
4) The bathroom is clean as well and it has a rain shower.
5) The room comes with breakfast. It is not a buffet breakfast but a la carte breakfast with 3 options: a) main dish, b) side dish and c) drink. The restaurant is just located at the ground floor.

Cons:
1) "Do Not Disturb" sign is not given. I thought if you want cleaning service, you have to request it. I personally don't like cleaning service because I don't like strangers disturb my belongings. So, I didn't make that request but still my room was cleaned the next day.
2) Although there is a rain shower in the bathroom, unfortunately, the pressure is not strong enough, I didn't enjoy my shower that much.
3) I don't like the way the shampoo is provided in the bathroom. The shampoo is filled in a device that transforms the shampoo gel into shampoo foam which is not powerful enough especially to wash my hair and body. So, each time I took shower, I had to press the device MANY times. I can only say that that was really terrible experience.
4) Although the breakfast tastes good, the restaurant is always crowded with people. So, I always order takeaway. I once made an order for my dinner and waited in the restaurant for about 30 minutes. When I noticed those who came in late got their meals earlier than me, I realized something was wrong. So, I checked with the cashier, and I was told that they haven't started prepared my dinner yet. I was a bit upset. I didn't want to waste my time anymore, so I changed my order to something that is ready made. Then only they immediately work it out. The management should look into this matter to make sure FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED.
5) Parking is a serious problem. I can hardly find a parking in front of the hotel in the day time. I had no choice but to park my car far away from the hotel. if you don't mind walking, then this should not be a problem. However, it is important to note that this area is very quiet at night, so I didn't feel safe parking my car far away from the hotel. I bet when you see your car is the only car parking at a quiet and dark area, you will feel what I feel. So, during the 3 days stay, around 10 o'clock, I went down to move my car

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sean442014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Lovely large rooms and large beds. Bathroom clean and modern. Refrigerator in the room and new bottle of water every day. Breakfast is in the restaurant downstairs which is popular and often busy but still pleasant. There is a 24hour shop close by if you need small things.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Neil H
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I called Rail hotel yesterday and spoken to a guy called Zaini. Same said only have deluxe king and another room. No more family suite. Bed booked for deluxe king with extra bed and extra breakfast for coming 31/1/14 and 1/2/14, KIV add additional day if available.
I even call back in about 20min later and spoke to Zaini, and confirmed my booking.
Today, i call again to leave a message if any family suote to reserve for me but the lady said there isn't any booking under my name. She even calle back and said she has spoken to the boss, that nothing much they can do as room is full during that periods.
REALLY POOR CUSTOMERS SERVICES. WILL NOT ADVISE OR RECOMAND PEOPLE TO STAY.Molly

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family