“simple cosy room”

Ranked #5 of 18 Kluang B&B and Inns
Singapore
“simple cosy room”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

It was a last minute decision and my girl friend and I decided to try it out so we booked a King size bed as my girl had tagged along as well and so we decided to make it becomes a girl shopping trip. I had suggested the imperial as I had saw the promotion and so we decided to book and stay for the weekend. The price before promotion was a bit steep for a 2 or 3 star hotel in a small town but given to consider of my concerns in selecting a stay over. Clean and safety is my priority when I travel especially when I have a kid with me. The deepest impression was that the housekeepers were very warmth and friendly and had even showed us when we request to view the other type of rooms. But there is one thing they really need to do something about the room we stayed, whenever we showered the water flowed out of the closed door and flooded the whole toilet floor.
Although the hotel does not have a cafe so no breakfast provided is not a surprise to us.... but luckily the nearby joints does have many options in cheap to high end joints. Such as for kids there is a KFC and Mac around the corner. For the elders there is a well known chinese restaurant who sells crispy skinned duck (air con of course) and there is a non air con chicken rice shop that sells during the day only. Other than that there is a cool cafe selling reasonable breakfast sets, breads and cakes in another corner.
Beside that the shopping malls may looked a distance away but if once you get to know the small town, finding a shorter route to the malls is not a problem and it will all be very closed range instead.
Within the premises, there is free wifi and if you wish to purchase a temporary sim card for your travelling in Malaysia there is one opposite the road next to the supermarket which I had been patroning them for years. They are very friendly to assist your other than phones request or question. Anyway the town folks are very friendly and always a joy to return and meet them again.
In conclusion, location and new rooms are an attractive option you may like to consider for this hotel. To me I may not wish to opt for this hotel always as the price to me is still bit steep.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank ImperialSg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This hotel has just started operation less than a year back so everything in it is new. Tasteful contemporary interior design that continue from the reception to your room. Unlike Rail Hotel, an elevator is there to save you hassle from moving up and down the stairs. Staff are warm and friendly. Too friendly indeed, some times.

Centralised heater works well and the high pressured shower head is awesome. no bath tub but hey, this is an boutique hotel. Comfortable high quality bed let you hate waking up in the morning. Cleanliness is tip top. Hygiene kit, shower gels n soap, towels, slippers, bath robes, coffee/tea making set and even shoe shines are provided.

Location is right slap in the middle of Kluang town and Domino's Pizza, McDonald's and nightlife area in just a stone throw away hence lessening the misery of no breakfast provided.If you are looking for a place to stay and is considering big names like Prime City Hotel, this boutique hotel can take its money for a run, anytime. Just wish it could be a little less pricey. Well it is already cheaper than Prime City nevertheless.

Room Tip: If you choose King a Size room, ask for one with couch as the size of those are bigger. Choose a roo...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank TysunTan
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 August 2012

A newly opened hotel in June 2012. We booked a family room (two queen size beds) that cost us RM320 with no breakfast.

Location wise is good and there are many eateries around. There’s a 24-hour McDonald, Domino Pizza across the road and 7-Eleven is just next to the hotel. Free wifi but speed was average.

The carpet was clean but when I stepped on one part of the carpet, I could feel something underneath sharp that poked on my feet. I took a close look and saw nails on the carpet. Instead of using adhesive glue to stick the carpet to the floor, nails were used instead. Please be careful if you are bringing children to stay in Room 102.

The bedsheets and towels are clean. There was no bath tub, no hands towel. It will be difficult to bath children as the shower head is attached to the ceiling. There’s only one washing area in the toilet. That means if you need to wash your hands, you will have to wait for someone to finish using the toilet.

We stayed at 1st level. It was noisy at night. You could hear moving cars and bikes and even free music from the opposite shop houses.

We were asked if we would like to have English or Chinese Newspaper but there was no newspaper given at all??? Not even the next morning!

Room Tip: Toothbrush, foam soap, shampoo, hand soap, comb, towel, shower cap and hair dryer are provided.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family