We stayed 4 nights in Mid-Oct, in a Water Bungalow. It's our first visit to the Maldives but I gave it 5* rating as it met our expectations in terms of a great water bungalow as well as excellent snorkelling from shore without having to join any snorkelling excursions.
- Great Room, especially the balcony overlooking the sea. Excellent place to read or just relax and hide from the mid-day sun. Room, albeit a little aged, was clean and in good condition; the wooden flooring and balcony is still classy IMHO. Yes, fish swim right under the water bungalows!
- Excellent Snorkelling! Short swim to reef drop-offs, abundance AND variety of fishes (easily 50+) even when close to shore. We did not explore all marked snorkelling channels but 2 of our fav spots are the channel beside WB #231 and the blue lagoon pavilion jetty, where the sting ray feeding takes place. Amazing!
- Large Sized Island - nice to be able to walk around and explore a little. The sandbank at the end of the island is a nice place to watch the sun set. (use google earth to get a very detailed look at the island).
Dislikes (nothing major, just nit-picking):
- Bathroom: Tiles! Deco is basic and a poor match to the rest of the room. Makes bath time 'non-paradisy'.
- Beach: We searched in vain for a nice stretch to toss a freesbie. There are several nice spots for sun-bathing though.
- Dinner: It was alternate between theme buffet and set dinner during our stay. Buffet nights were good in terms of quality and selection but set dinner nights were kind of disappointing.
Kuramathi was our 2nd choice (behind Komandoo), but overall, it was a great 1st trip for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives