We stayed for a week in a water bungalow for our honeymoon and really enjoyed the stay. The room was lovely, nicely furnished. The bungalows were not really overlooked by others, they are staggered so unless you're hanging over your balcony you can't really see anyone. I think there were a handful of times when we saw our neighbours.
Our waiter was good, very accommodating, arranged our meals at other restaurants. Highly recommend Thai buffet night, also ate at the Grill which was fab. The main restaurant was OK, they alternate between set meals and buffet nights. Buffet nights were really good, the set meals not so good, meat was usually dry and tasteless as it had been sat around for a while. We tended to eat at other restaurants on these nights. However, it was still worth upgrading to AI and then paying for a couple of meals "out".
There are lots of drinks and cocktails included in the AI package and we never had a problem asking for bottles of water. We had a mini bar which was also topped up daily, if necessary, which was also included.
Spa was great, we had a honeymoon massage out on the pavilion, which overlooks the sea, which was extra. Not sure it was worth paying for the extra as of course you can't see anything as you're either face down or staring at the ceiling!! But the sound of the waves rolling was very relaxing. This was followed by a scented bath with sparkling wine and fruit. Lasting over 2 hours, get there half hour before for sauna and steam room and chill out before the massage. Definitely worth the money.
Remember there is a 10% service charge added to EVERYTHING extra.
We had a wonder around the island which took about an hour or so, but we did walk very slowly. Although it is quite a big island we never bumped into many people, it still seemed quite deserted and if you wanted to find a deserted part of the beach you could do very easily. The Village looked a bit basic, the Cottage looked great and we would probably have stayed there but they don't do AI.
We got a speedboat transfer there and back which was fine, no problems, although the lady in front of us wasn't very well!! We'd travelled by sea plane before so didn't mind going by boat. If you haven't done a sea plan before would highly recommend doing at least one journey, either there or back, it is definitely worth it.
The staff were friendly and very helpful. As honeymooners our package included fruit and wine in our room and we had a special dinner in the Lagoon café, which was really nice. I would have liked to book dinner on the pavilion close to the bar but it was in very high demand even though it was a little bit pricey at $160 which didn’t include wine or the 10% extra. Although I think it would be a lovely surprise for your loved one. There is only one couple per night and it looked very romantic.
Monarch really are as bad as everyone makes out, on a 10 hour flight they still make you pay for head phones rental, even though their films are old, poor quality and everyone has to watch on the communal screens. Come on Monarch it's 2007 get your act together.
Slightly annoying things about the resort:
10% to everything
Room boy waking us up every morning even when we put do not disturb on the door!! This may be because it kept on getting knocked off and ending on the floor.
AI drinks, meals etc only applicable to Blue Lagoon area.
No sunbeds, towels on the sand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives