Just returned from Kuramathi. We have been to the Maldives before so have something to compare with.
Flights- We flew with Emirates as it saved us travelling from Glasgow to Manchester or Gatwick and worked out cheaper than an overnight at either. The flights were great but the change at Dubai is getting worse. It is far too busy an Airport. We flew by seaplane from Male which was wonderful although a bit noisy.
Accomodation- We stayed in the deluxe bungalows in the village Rooms were large and spacious, the 4 poster bed was massive and comfortable. The bathroom is enclosed and very large and the outside shower is to die for. There are no tea making facilities or hair driers in the rooms.
Food- The restaraunt is big and airy and very clean.The food was very good and we enjoyed the change from buffet to set meal at alternative luch or dinners. We also dined at the Mongolian Buffet and found it great value for money,also tried the Thai which was also value for money. For some reason we were also given a complementry dinner in the coffee shop which was the best meal of all the lobster was fantastic.
Bar- The all inclusive selection of drinks is great. There was over 120 cocktails to choose from. Only drinks you had to pay for were expesive whisksy or Brandys ie chvas regal, royal salute. The bar staff were very friendly and a tip is appreciated. The bar can sometimes get busy as the people from the cottage and laguna tended to come here as well
Beaches- The beaches are to one side of the island and quite narrow. They are not very private and can be a bit crowded at times. The water sports also tended to spoil the image,you can go to Benidorm if you want Banana boats. There are also no sun loungers on the beaches. You will need to go to lie at the pool if you want them and it was a bit to artificial for me.
Spa- The spa was great and very reasonably priced we went 3 times. Well worth a visit.
Weather- We had lots of rain at the end of October fortunatly most at night. We had 2 days it rained non stop, but no complaints, it was still warm. Lots of mosquitos so take plenty of everything.
Overall- This is not a get away from it all island, there are lots of families and the island was a bit too big for our liking but we still enjoyed ourselves and would not rule out going back as it is good value for money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives