We visited Kuramathi for our 10 day honeymoon in April/May 2012 and booked through Nick at Travel Designers who was fantastic.
Everything about this island is perfect if you are looking for diversity. We are not a couple who wanted a secluded desert island that you can walk around in 5 minutes and eat in the same place 3 times a day! From the moment you arrive on Kuramathi the hospitality is astounding and being presented on arrival with a fruit juice and a cold flannel is a nice touch. The staff are attentive and nothing is too much trouble.
With 9 different types of accomodation to choose from, we started our holiday in a Deluxe Beach Villa with Jacuzzi and upgraded to a Water Villa with Jacuzzi (both fantastic experiences in their own right) and this was handled efficiently by the staff at Kuramathi and didn't affect our hectic schedule of snorkelling and sunbathing! Don't be shy to ask your waiter/waitress at dinner if you can take any remains of a bottle of wine back to your villa, they are more than happy for you to do this and nothing beats a glass of wine in the jacuzzi overlooking the Indian Ocean.
There are 6 restaurants to choose from all of which are great but for that little something special make sure you don't miss The Reef for its location (sunset and stingray feeding up that end of the island is extraordinary) and The Island Barbeque for the ambiance and where they flambée your food at your table. They are well worth an 8am start in order to secure a booking - the Reef only does 18 covers a night! The Palm and the Island Coffee Shop are great spots for a lunchtime snack. We found our hardest decision each day was which, of the vast selection, of cocktails to try next. We loved the Island Special and the Little Dinghy.
The snorkelling has to be some of the best in the world - you really don't have to go far to see reef sharks, stingrays and hundreds of variety of tropical fish. My husband had an amazing encounter with some eagle rays while snorkelling at dusk and got some photos we will treasure forever.
We both had two visits to the Spa whilst we were on Kuramathi, needless to say that we left feeling extremely relaxed and pampered. It is worth upgrading to the outside treatment pavillion over the sea for an extra $50.
Included in our honeymoon package was a candelit dinner on the beach and a sunset cruise which both helped to make the trip extra special. I will never forget sipping wine at sunset watching the dolphins from our boat.
Despite the change in seasons at roughly the end of April we saw no rain whilst we were there and the temperature was constantly above 30 degrees. The sun is fierce so plenty of sunscreen required. A slight hazard we encountered was that we, and seemingly most others on the island, got bitten by an insect of some sort most evenings despite thoroughly covering in repellent. We were informed by our rep that they 'fog' the island at 4am every day but this seemed to make little difference. On the plus side though they were not mosquito bites and tended to have disappeared after a day or so.
All in all it was the absolute perfect holiday, and even that feels like I am understating Kuramathi. I can see why so many people return year after year...I suspect we will be joining them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives