Stayed here for ten nights during my honeymoon.
We were absolutely astounded at how perfect this place is. (I regularly travel a lot with work and can do up to 40+ flights a year and stay in various hotels right from 2* through to 5*)
We have a Beach villa for the first 4 nights, and then moved into a water villa for the remaining 6.
Both villas were outstandingly clean, (I dont even know how they manage it with all the sand!). The staff were extremely courteous and pleasant and willing to help no matter what.
I cannot think of anything to fault the place, like nothing whatsoever!! and trust me I can be really fussy about service levels and cleanliness!
The food - brilliant, the drinks excellent. the facilities were great.
I am a divemsater and regualrly dive throughout the world, the staff here were excellent and done a great job with my wife who had never dived before. Dive sites were excellent, if your thinking of doing the Hammerhea dive , don't think about it just do it. I only seen 2 hammerheads which were quite a bit deeper than us, however the water is beautiful when you drop in at dawn with all the phosphorescents (sp?). I also went and done 3-4 other dives and seen Manta's (awesome!) and loads and loads of reef sharks, and even had a great encounter witha large grey reef shark. There are squadrons of eagles rays regularly. If you ever want to dive this is the place to do it.
The sandbar at the top of island is a lovely walk in the evening. In fact anywhere on the island is great.
I searched and searched for the perefct mix of privacy and not being bored in the Maldives and this is what came out as the best. Its not the cheapest, but at the same time not the most expensive either. Right bang in the middle of the Budget range and worth every single penny we spent!
We rented a Kayak and went up to the sandbar, was a lovely view.
We also used the spa for a couples massage out over the water, it was excellent also. I did fall asleep though it was that good.
The stingray feeding is a must see, but get ther early to geta seat right at the front. There must be 20+ sting rays each nigth along with sharks getting fed.
I would recommend going select all inclusive (see below) and if your looking for the best tour operator check out tropical warehouse (part of bluebay travel) they were brilliant for us (see below!) .
My mate asked me what I though of Kuramathi and this is what I sent to him:
"The minimum is all inclusive, which means you eat at your designated buffet restaurant at mealtimes but all food and alcohol at all bars is included, you can use the other restaurants on the island, but you have to pay (and it’s not cheap!). The next option up is called SELECT all inclusive (sometimes they call it a la carte inclusive) your designated your buffet restaurant which you can eat at whenever you want, but you have the choice of 5 or 6 other restaurants on the island also, you just need to let them know in advance which one you wanna eat at that night.
The island is huge by maldivan standards, but it’s all the better for it. It’s not busy like you see lots of people all the time and can’t get around, it’s just perfect if you ask me. There is shed loads to do , diving is out this world, they have two pools on the island both which are excellent. They have canoes and windsurfing, plus you can do big game fishing if your into that, and wakeboarding waterskiing, etc.
They have a kids club for young ones and its all enclosed so they are safe and lots of other kiddies there, they have baby parrots and stuff in the nursery! Think you can drop kids off there for a good part of the day, just like normal nursery.
The service levels are the best I have ever came across, everyone could not be nicer. The place is absolutely spotless and all rooms and facilities are perfect – They have roughly 700 staff and only take 650 guests, so more than a 1:1 ratio!!!
If your gonna do a 7-10days trip I would defo recommend going SELECT all inclusive it’s well worth it and gives you loads of freedom. If less then a week then maybe the standard all inclusive would be ok.
The island is a Kuoni only resort, so you have to book through them. I tried going direct to them but it didn’t get any cheaper, in fact I had a better price going with a travel agent (and I detest travel agents!)
Check these guys out - http://tropicalwarehouse.co.uk/ this is who I booked with, when you call ask to speak to a guy David – he lived in Kuramathi for a year as a dive instructor. No nonsense guy, got us the best deal going and gave us sound and reliable information. "
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives