We stayed at Kuramathi for our honeymoon for 10 days in September after it was recommended by the Kuoni agent who had sent her daughter there on their honeymoon. We flew Emirates via Dubai (which had excellent service throughout) and arriving at Male was perfect. Ok there were queues getting through immigration but after that the service by Kuoni then the seaplane transfer were efficient and faultless. The transfer via plane is 20 minutes, much quicker and better views than the speedboat (which we got on the way back due to early transfer). We were greeted with cold towels & a drink then a quick welcome and taken to our rooms. We had a superior beach villa with jacuzzi, number 122. To be honest I probably wouldn't bother with the jacuzzi if we went again as it took a little getting used to and took a while heating up.
Now I know everyone says you must go select all inclusive but we opted for the basic all inclusive. You get allocated a restuarant dependant on where you're accomodation is, then have a table allocated to you. You get so much choice with the food and a different buffet is on every night. We had a free candlelight dinner as it was our honeymoon which was on the beach with waiter service. We also ate out at the Island Barbecue and Siam Gardens (thai) which was amazing. You get your drinks free and also 20% off the food so it didn't work out that expensive (about £30 for thai and £50 for barbecue for both of us - that's starters and main). You have to sign for everything, drinks/food/gifts even if you are all inclusive (the bill just shows as 0) then if you have bought anything you just pay when you check out.
Out of all the bars, Laguna was our favourite, it's at the top of the island and where they do the stingray feeding. It's a bit quieter than the Fung and Dhoni bar but very friendly and make sure you see the band 'Wood', they are really good.
I really loved Kuramathi and would recommend it to anyone. We got lucky with the weather, only a few showers late at night so not a problem, but it is a tropical island so you take a chance in monsoon season. Also mosquitos are a problem so take a good strong spray with you!
Things I would recommend doing:
Feeding of the stingrays - never seen anything like it!
Walk to the tip of the island at sunset - beautiful
Sunset cruise - watch the amazing colours in the sky with a glass of fizz
Film night on the beach - romantic
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll , Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pool. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house. Savour exquisite dishes from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars located in beautiful settings around the island. The island's vast size opens up to a wide range of activities. Immerse in therapeutic healing at Kuramathi Spa as we revive the holiday psyche. Younger guests find thrilling options at Bageecha Kids club, featuring fun and educational experiences. There is something for everyone on this paradisiacal haven that embodies Maldives in a natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives