We spent 10 days on kuramathi. Booked with Travel Designers (Sherrie) who gave fantastic service and a very good deal. We flew with BA, again impressed with service enjoyed the meals and complimentary drinks throughout the flight. The kuramathi seaplane lounge at Male was very nice, we had a half hour wait and enjoyed complimentary juice and snacks whilst waiting. Seaplane flight was uneventful, took 20 minutes.
Kuramathi is a large island with plenty of very well kept vegetation, we were taken to our DBV 343, right next to Laguna bar, buffet restaurant and Reef restaurant and approximately 10 minutes walk from sand bar. The room was a good size for 2 people, a little dated but well positioned at the quieter end of the island. We had a small intimate beach with shade provided by palm trees if needed. The room was kept spotlessly clean, the fridge in room topped up daily with a good selection of soft drinks and plenty of water. There was a turn down service every evening.
I would say that the beach for the DBV below 343 was wider but not as intimate, I would not recommend 354 as it had no beach at all just a muddy area outside, and looked quite dilapidated, 355/356 on stilts over water with no access to sea.
We booked select AI which was fantastic, with 6 A la carte restaurants to choose from the food was fabulous and service excellent, and there were a good selection of house wines served by the bottle. Our favourite restaurants were the Island BBQ and The Reef.
We enjoyed lunch at both the Palm and the Island coffee shop on a couple of occasions, I would recommend Pizza at the palm and the steak sandwich at Island coffee shop.
The island is large but has a bus service running regularly up and down the island, we found we enjoyed the walk as the gardens are lovely and it was nice to watch the fruit bats and walk off the huge meals! The reef was good although quite a way out to the drop off from DBVs and the current was quite strong near the JWV, we did see lots of sharks, spotted ray and lots of beautiful fish however the turtles avoided us. We saw dolphins on the sunset cruise which was fantastic. Mosquitos didn't appear to be a problem but I did get lots of bites on my feet ? Sand fleas/ ants but bite zapper was brilliant!
The pros of a large island is that there is plenty to do if you want, variety of entertainment, bars restaurants, places to walk, swim but you are able to avoid them if you don't.
The service in the bars was sometimes slow but the waiters were always friendly and polite.
I think the island is a good all rounder with something for everyone; live band ( The Wood) were excellent, cinema on the beach
under the stars, beautiful sunsets from the sand bar, fantastic snorkelling aquamarine sea and white sand- paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll , Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pool. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house. Savour exquisite dishes from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars located in beautiful settings around the island. The island's vast size opens up to a wide range of activities. Immerse in therapeutic healing at Kuramathi Spa as we revive the holiday psyche. Younger guests find thrilling options at Bageecha Kids club, featuring fun and educational experiences. There is something for everyone on this paradisiacal haven that embodies Maldives in a natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives