We stayed two weeks in a superior beach villa with jacuzzi. This villa type was so lovely- very spacious, clean, relaxing, and very private. Great amenities, even a beach bag was provided. Our villa was located on the reef side, about 15 steps from the beach. We would have had an ocean view but for vegetation in the way. I really didn't need the ocean view, we spent most of our time either on the beach on the lagoon side, snorkeling, or at one of the restaurants/bars.
We had All inclusive upon arrival, as our travel agent did not offer Select all inclusive as a choice. After a week we were thoroughly sick and tired of buffet eating (the food was fine, just repetitive), so we upgraded to Select. Although expensive, this was well worth it. The Island BBQ is great, and became our favorite. The Italian restaurant is also good. We normally had lunch in the buffet restaurant by reception, as it was so conveniently located right by the beach.
The staff at kuramathi were very friendly and helpful, all smiles! We were first time snorkelers, so really appreciated the shops with snorkeling gear and the Eco center, which had lectures about different marine topics, and taught us a bit about the dos and don'ts of snorkeling.
Snorkeling was excellent, but unfortunately it was too windy almost half the time we were there. We were told it was the windiest time of year (mid january), but that it was usually not so bad. Nevertheless, we were extremely lucky with the weather, we only had one daytime shower while we were there. This may account for the luck of not getting a single mosquito bite. Early february is apparently the best time to visit- dry and not windy.
We went on the Sunset cruise, and have some spectacular photos from that, but seeing the sunset on the sandbar was wonderful, and much more romantic.
We also really enjoyed the Stingray feeding, although I understand this practice is somewhat controversial. It was thrilling to see them up close, and as it attracted a lot of other wildlife as well, it was a lot of fun! I also thought movie night on the beach was really nice.
We will definitely be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives