My wife and I recently spent part of our honeymoon on Kuramathi. We stayed at beginning of June 2013 for 10 nights. The island was magical and the food and service was first class. We had the premium all inclusive feature as part of our package....we would highly recommend it. This meant that we could eat at everyone of the different restaurants throughout our stay. Our favs were probably the island bbq and the reef.
Our accommodation was fantastic. We stayed in a beach villa with a jacuzzi. The outside bathroom was just brilliant and added to our overall experience. It made a great base for our honeymoon and we still talk about how well planned the out the villa was.
The cocktails and ice creams are amazing as well. We loved nothing more than sipping an ice cool blue lagoon at the Doni bar whilst starring lazily out to sea or watching the small reef sharks.
The weather was changeable... about 3 or 4 days of sun, 3 days of cloud and 3 days of rain/cloud/sun. When it rained it poured! However, there is plenty to do even when it is raining....snorkeling, gym, swimming, spa, eating, drinking etc...we never got bored.
We got the sea plane to and from the island...The arrival was completely amazing...we flew in with beautiful clear skies and flat calm waters. It was like flying into a movie!
The departure was somewhat different in its nature....we flew out..eventually...at the tail end of a tropical storm...but that is a different story (the Kuoni rep did not do herself any favours with her lack of customer-care skills).
We would thoroughly recommend Kuramathi to anyone, especially couples wanting to spend a special occasion, such as a honeymoon, there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives